ForumsThe Tavern[NECRO] Soy Milk VS The Real Thing

5 2365
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I just wanted to spread the news about how good soy milk (soy juice? ^.^) is to the rest of the world. So what do you think?

There are studies that suggest that soy milk can: reduce the risks of some types of cancer, lower cholesterol, decrease the risk of heart disease, and is able to be consumed by vegetarian/vegans!

On the other hand, milk is so yummy tooo!

I'm indecisive on the topic, I will drink both, though more often than not I drink regular Skim Milk because its cheaper... for now anyway.

• 5 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

i dont understand soy milk for veggetarians, its not like the cow dies for the milk, and also whats the difference between vegatarians and vegans?

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

A vegetarian will eat/drink foods that come *from* animals, just not the animals themselves; a vegan will not eat/drink anything that comes from animals, like milk, cheese, and the like.

Vegans do not eat/drink these foods not because the animal dies specifically for that product, but because of the ways animals are treated. Cows, like other mammals, produce milk shortly after childbirth to feed their child... so cows are being constantly impregnated so they can produce milk. What happens to the child? Veal, most likely, or they become another milk producer.

doc26
doc26
25 posts
Nomad

god i wish people would stop calling it milk it's not and it taste nasty well to me it does and um a few million years ago we were hacking away at a nice fat juicy steak or something that had to do with meat the real problem is that humans over consume everything now and waste alot so when we kill an animal now we don't even use half of the contents that comes from it cut off what people want and throw away the rest and we do it alot but i guess that's another issue the real point is milk is the best

shadedclan
shadedclan
405 posts
Peasant

whats the difference there both milk aint they?

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

chocolate milk ftw

Showing 1-5 of 5