ForumsPopular MediaWhat you hate about movies

49 9768
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

Basically, there may be one or two things that you generally hate about movies, or things happening in movies that you hate. Whether it be cliches or something that happened to you when you where a kid, share what things you hate about movies.

Me, I hate movies where old men die. Especially those ones that old men are jolly, and old-fashioned.

• 49 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Cliches. Or when everyone survives except for all the 'bad' ones who are all killed. Or if they don't hide their stupid morality lesson good enough.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i hate it in the new movies when the developers try too hard on making it have a good graphic and make it 3-d and then forget all about making a good story

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I hate how sometimes movies hide a little clip in the credits. That makes me go through the credits of basically every movie.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I don't like movies where...
-...They have talking and/ or dancing animals (Nanny Mcfee)
-...small British that act wild and crazy (Nanny Mcfee again)
-Any of the SpyKids movies
-...you can predict what will happen next
-...all of the scenery is special effects
-...it's a spoof of something (Gnomeo...haven't watched it...don't have to)

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

-...small British that act wild and crazy (Nanny Mcfee again)

sorry, I meant small British children.
Also now that I think of it, I don't like...:
-...movies with bad endings
-...movies with Nick Cage (he's too monotone and boring...he seems old)
-...or Brendan Fraiser (except the first 2 Mummy movies; he was good in those)
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I hate when movies don't have a decent storyline and I hate movies with a disappointing or confusing end. I hate movies with bad actors.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I hate movies that don't use Pokemon for epic fite battulz.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

^ahahaha
i hate when movies are sad and i cry... i shouldnt cry when i watch movies lol... im almost 17 years old.. and i cried when i watched wall-e... and when i watched the pokemon movie with darkrai... and the titanic.... and the shawshank redemption........ the list goes on

AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

I hate how sometimes movies hide a little clip in the credits. That makes me go through the credits of basically every movie.

See I like those becasue then the people who talk alot in the movies wont go and see the second one. Mainly because then don't see a point in that they don't know what it's about.

I hate it when movies have a cliff hanger then go through two other movies without getting back to the cliff hanger. Now I am talking specifically about the X-Men movies. They're making another one without going back to when charles takes over the guy that was brain dead from The Last Stand.... That really pisses me off because they just may never go back to it.
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

I hate movies with a dumb story line, easy to predict, stupid scenery and scenes, bad ending, and lame excuses of funny and comedy.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I hate the cliche of the parents never believing the kids. This also goes for the cliche of cops or any other authority figure not believing the person on what's going on.

I hate it when a movie has a cliff hanger ending but doesn't follow it up with a sequel.

And the final thing I hate about movies is Uwe Boll and Michael Bay. These two manage to take concepts for movies that shouldn't be possible to screw up and screw them up.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't like movies that are short. I like to sit through movies that are around 2-3 hours long.

I also don't like horror films where you can expect what happens next.

Also 3-d films. I hate wearing those glasses, those movies also give me headaches.

winter17
winter17
10 posts
Nomad

I hate it when they give away the entire story in the previews. I want enough to get my attention and make me want to go see it, but not too much more. I know a lot of people like to knock on M. Night Shyamalan, but he was always great at keeping the plot twists of a story a secret. I hate seeing a movie and realize most of the previews I saw were mostly clips from the last half hour

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Another thing I hate. I hate they Blair Witch style for filming a movie. I don't think it adds anything to the feel of the movie, it just looks cheap and lazy.

ExplosiveDynamite
ExplosiveDynamite
316 posts
Nomad

I hate movies with a bad start, I've often turned off a film after watching the first thirty minutes, has to start with something good, otherwise I'll turn it off, I'm impatient like that.

Showing 1-15 of 49