ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500260
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

You can complete the game just fine without going Premium. I bought it pretty much as soon as I'd confirmed that the game would entertain me for hours - it's 5 dollars. It supports a developer who's given people three great games for free. I'm entirely okay with that.

If you want free games, either stop wanting the content you don't even need to complete the game, or go play something else. The idea that all flash games are supposed to be free is silly anyway.

Durzaka
Durzaka
12 posts
Peasant

you cant complete the game without premium, complete implies doing all the content, you cannot get all the amulets with premium.

BTW what happened tot he replaying levels for xp? wasnt watching when i replay, but you only get the difference if you get above your previous score.

Durzaka
Durzaka
12 posts
Peasant

BUG

After fights, sometimes when i mouse over an amulet i got it wont show what the amulet was for. It seems to happen randomly, but all amulets that i won in that fight are affected.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

you cant complete the game without premium, complete implies doing all the content, you cannot get all the amulets with premium.
Completing a game in GemCraft = playing through the entire storyline. If you -must- be a completionist about the amulets and battle modes too, well, 5 dollars.

BTW what happened tot he replaying levels for xp? wasnt watching when i replay, but you only get the difference if you get above your previous score.
This is the same as in Chapter One and Chapter Zero. To get more exp out of a level, you have to beat what you previously managed. Chapter Zero had the easy-mode version of having a handful of variations of each level, but each variation still only granted exp once.

After fights, sometimes when i mouse over an amulet i got it wont show what the amulet was for. It seems to happen randomly, but all amulets that i won in that fight are affected.
I got that once too. I think it'll be patched soon, though (when it's reported enough and the developer has time to solve it).

And my first nonreply-y thing to post:
It bothered me that the second epic field was lvl 30 minimum. I was lvl 22 when I found it. </3
osanseviero
osanseviero
38 posts
Nomad

hey i offer you people check my growing walkthrough inside the walkthrough thread
[url=http://gclwalk.blogspot.com/]

Michan666
Michan666
41 posts
Nomad

You can complete the game just fine without going Premium. I bought it pretty much as soon as I'd confirmed that the game would entertain me for hours - it's 5 dollars. It supports a developer who's given people three great games for free. I'm entirely okay with that.

Word. Peter has had so much work, 5 Dollars isn't too much to ask for that.
optimus2861
optimus2861
2 posts
Shepherd

Anyone else think orange gems have been nerfed to the point of uselessness? A grade 5 orange gem only gives 0.9 mana per hit in a tower (so it would be 0.9 * 1.8 = 1.62 in a trap) and you have to get all the way to level 36 before you unlock the skill to boost that. Clearly the author does not like mana farms.

Meanwhile red gems have been so juiced up that if you've got them in a battle you pretty well can't lose.

Not sure what thought process led to those balancing decisions.

Michan666
Michan666
41 posts
Nomad

Yes, i was a little shocked about the red and orange gem changes as well...

But I don't mind, after all it is a different game and I like a challenge.

jth0880
jth0880
1 posts
Shepherd

The game is great, but it I can not find a way to to get my gems to target the enemy closest to the end. I have cycled through the targeting options on the gems, but i can not find it. Is anyone else having this problem or can anyone tell me weather the gems can target the enemy closest to the end?

caiman
caiman
4 posts
Peasant

There is no option for that, but you can select an enemy and all towers in range will fire at it.

Michan666
Michan666
41 posts
Nomad

Yes, but if you have like 6 or 7 enemies close to your tower, you can only select one, still. and sometimes you're just not fast enough! I find the targeting options lacking, too, but considering there haven't been any in the past 2 games, it is better already

aturtledoesbite
aturtledoesbite
13 posts
Nomad

It was said in the Gameinabottle blog that programming closest-to-goal and farthest-from-goal options would be too processor-heavy. I assume this is such because there is no set path for half of the levels. You have to build your own path, and the computer would have to determine that path and then have to calculate distance. Frankly, I don't mind that they're not here. I'm happy enough with weakest/strongest/something I don't use/structures.

P.S. I'll assume no one saw my question, so I'll ask it again: Does anyone know which amulet I need to earn to unlock field A13?

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I have mixed fealings with this.
I like bloodhound gems, its a nice idea, but sad that splashing gems are gone *sniff*.
New stuff added is nice,but I cant find any use for amplifiers/shrines (well, I`m only level 14!) yet.
I think I jsut keep playing

osanseviero
osanseviero
38 posts
Nomad

did someone checked my walkthrough?

osanseviero
osanseviero
38 posts
Nomad

PEOPLE....
A GOOD THING TO YOU...
THERE IS A TARGET THING
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X8B6PHnll3w/TWFIXu_spsI/AAAAAAAAAEw/55LBUJwhe6g/s1600/target.jpg[/img

Showing 46-60 of 1151