ForumsProgramming ForumAGame: theme

54 19906
beech
beech
107 posts
Nomad

Alright folks - here we go!

it seems that interest in doing a project like this is there, but it will take more time to get others involved and truly get this moving, so i suggest we move on into areas that are more interesting and participatory.

so far members that have voiced interest are as follows:

gaboloth
Darkroot
driejen
theBester5
PixelSmash
Hectichermit
Plasmafish
wildwolf111

after typing that out, it seems we have a pretty good start!

so onward! let's talk game type: gaboloth has already listed a few examples in the "initialize" thread and tends toward a shooter genre.

let's do something similar here - if you a have favorite game type or style let's talk about them here - when we've discussed this for a while we'll tally the types and then the narrow focus.

let's also refrain from listing too many games them selves - there are hundred or even thousands of 'shooters' out there so let's not try to list them all - but a single 'favorite would be fine - let's save the 'comparison' lists for later after having narrow down the type to focus on.

begin... LOL

• 54 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I vote for RPG type game. No hit detection/ complicated AI/ hard math, something like Sonny. There isn't even a walking bit so I believe that the easiest.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

So.. I didn't join you yet but I would vote for an Action RPG. Like "Knights Castle" or perhaps a game like "Castle Crashers". RPG isn't really fun in my oppinion...

beech
beech
107 posts
Nomad

great!

let me also make it clear that no one needs to specifically or *officially* join the group to be a part of the process - *everyone* is encouraged to participate, which is part of the core concept.

in the future we may have 'leaders' in particular areas, weather they be natural occurring or by vote remains to be determined - but anyone is allowed to voice their opinion or ideas.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Ok sounds great. But who is going to code the game ? You ?

I have some experience with Photoshop so I can make images for the game, if needed.

Another question: Is this thread the only way to communicate? Perhaps we could open an IRC-Channel.

WhitePerson
WhitePerson
21 posts
Nomad

What is this and how can i get into this.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Ok sounds great. But who is going to code the game ? You ?

A few others know some coding so some degree beech and plasmafish have both made games and I few others are familiar with AS3. But it's a group project so everyone chips in if they want.

Another question: Is this thread the only way to communicate? Perhaps we could open an IRC-Channel.

Perhaps, but everyone here has an AG account and there isn't that many of us right now.

What is this and how can i get into this.

Group made game project. Anyone who wants to be a part of this is.
Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

When are you going to start with the work?

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

When are you going to start with the work?

When am I? You mean when are we. Which would be after people decided what the game will be like. Thus the point of this thread.
Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

You = You guys

So when are you (guys) going to decide?

WhitePerson
WhitePerson
21 posts
Nomad

I want to be a part of this then, is this okay?

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Whatever game starts getting worked on, we need to create the game engine first, or pick a game engine that has documentation for the beginners.

I am open for creating any type of game that is decided.

mikecranbo
mikecranbo
45 posts
Nomad

Hwy can i be a part of this?
i know some coding and stuff

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Let me reiterate again this is an open group so you can come and go as you feel like.

WhitePerson
WhitePerson
21 posts
Nomad

here is an example of my art.

flash 8, also quality is bad sorry.

oh, and i can make better and stuff
WhitePerson
WhitePerson
21 posts
Nomad

SORRY GUYS I USED A BAD WORD AND I GUESS NOW IT DOESNT EXIST. SORRY AGAIN.

linky.

Showing 1-15 of 54