ForumsWEPRstrnadge thing about christianity

239 44535
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

the thing that it says if someone slaps you you give them another cheek to slap..but why do christians kill other relegions and themselves if they belive this?

• 239 Replies
bflasch0
bflasch0
10 posts
Nomad

i cant stand christianity. the religion is filled with loopholes, exceptions, and contradictions. and i have tried to keep an open mind to it, being agnostic, but after reading up on it, and even reading the bible, i am somewhat against it. its not that i don't like the people, its their misinformed ideals. i especially hate the catholic religion. buying your way into heaven out of purgatory? wtf?

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

christianity is the wors...wait if u don't have anything nice to say don't say any thing at all.

flashgamer233
flashgamer233
62 posts
Nomad

[quote]the thing that it says if someone slaps you you give them another cheek to slap..but why do christians kill other relegions and themselves if they belive this?

What about fanatic muslims do they count? its not just Christians

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

To bflasch0:
The catholic church has stop doing that. Back in the meidevil ages the papal states became very corrupt the church has aplogiesed for these things and has moved forward. The preists and such are only human might I add and "To error is human."(If anyone cares that is from the move The Road to El Dorado)
The religion is not relly filled with loopholes and yes I have checked out some things you posted on my page and have gotton to some of the links. The major thing about them from what I see is misiterpratation of what is said.
For my last post I will tackle the "turn the cheek" thing. As I said to error is human. God does not expecxt us to be perfect. The crusades actually started becuase the Byzatium Empire(Christain) was having their rights of pilgramige to the 'holy city' of Jeruslaum blocked by the Turks(Muslims) So it did start from a desperate situation of a religios struggle. I will admit that it quickly changed from religion to oney and politics but as I said to error is human, I love this movie

Bonny
Bonny
12 posts
Nomad

im a catholic not christian

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

i swear catholicism is jus another part of christianity its still the same religion Bonny but i wud like 2 say im more a beliver of an eye for an eye

Erako
Erako
121 posts
Nomad

maybe we just all suck...

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@Bonny

Apparently you know little about Catholicism or Christianity, because Catholicism is a branch of Christianity just like Lutheranism, Baptists, Orthodoxy, Episcopalian, etc.

fergman
fergman
144 posts
Peasant

To add on to thelistman's post,
All forms of christianity branch off of Catholicism. If it were not christianity, then Jesus wouldn't have been christian would he?

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@fergman

Wrong. Catholicism was the first organized branch of Christianity. But other branches of Christianity do not necessarily trace their roots back to the Catholic church.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

To fergman:
Jesus was not christian he was Jewish. The name christain and christianty originated from antioch after Jesus died. By-the-way christianty means to be like christ, or to follow christ something like that.
@thelistman
You are correct that some do not trace back to catholicism, mormans are an example I think, but it is true that the majority trace themselves back to it,Lutheranism, Baptists, Orthodoxy, Episcopalian, etc. so yes it is somewhat acceptable to allow the generlazation of othe forms of christianity branches of catholism, at least to many theologians.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Jesus was born Jewish, yes. But, he disliked religion. He was more of free-spirit.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Let me point this out (im catholic christian so maybe this will help) I believe that but i refuse to sit there and watch a kid get beat up or picked on because of turning the other cheek. If someone says there killing in the name of god there not. Some people on here dont believe jesus actually performed miracles well explain me this.

How did humans learn how to think, talk, learn? Even we dont understand the human brain so isnt it safe to assume that someone greater than ourselves made us? i agree with what daniel said

People killing other people in the name of God has nothing to do with God and everything to do with sinful made. Don't fault a religion for the mistakes of people. People are sinful, God is not
And please dont compare us to that scienceology
FunkyMonkey
FunkyMonkey
22 posts
Nomad

MrMonkey, humans learned to think and talk all by themselves. The thinking comes from the fact that nothing can live without thinking. Even if their thought process is Food!Food!Mate!Food!Water!Food!Sleep!Water!Food!Water! it is still thinking that they could not live without.

As for learning, well that is a part of thinking. It could be that when someone walked up to a alligator and got their leg bitten off they learned not to do it again. And as our brain size increased, our ability and capacity for learning and thinking grew.

Talking is something we made ourselves. We figured out that we can make different noises, and if we used certain noises to certain things, we would not have to grunt so much.

Personally, I don't see the connection from this to Christ. He was born way after all this started, so this does not prove Christs miracles.

Showing 226-239 of 239