ForumsNews and Feedback[Necro] Different \'types\' of forums

5 9110
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

On the site's forums, people start different types of threads; debate threads, Q+A threads, discussion threads, game threads, etc.
So basically, my idea was that when a new thread is being made, a user can pick from different set layouts.

Ex. If you were to make a thread something like "which is better: ...", you would pick a vote thread. And it would be more like a poll instead of a general thread like on AG2.
Ex. If you made a thread to debate, you could write the op, input the debating sides, and make any other adjustments.

• 5 Replies
jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

so like, there is the general genre of a thread then a more specific icon next to it??? thats what i would do.

silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Or we could just outright have a debate or poll category. The alternative is far too complicated, at least the way I'm picturing it.

urbanwolf232
urbanwolf232
784 posts
Peasant

so like, there is the general genre of a thread then a more specific icon next to it??? thats what i would do

yeah me to,it just makes things much simpler
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We're still evaluating new forum software, so we'll keep these kinds of ideas in mind. Please post it on Get Satisfaction so the rest of the web development team can see it too.

thisis17charcters
thisis17charcters
41 posts
Nomad

That seems pretty cool actually, but might take too much effort for something that might not be that important.

Showing 1-5 of 5