ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Changing Usernames in AG3

301 82012
scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

Hi i have heard a rumor about that you can change your username in ag3. Is this true? And also if it is true won't people steal your username or is that impossible.

• 301 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already stated that symbols will not be allowed for usernames. Replies to this thread asking for them will be deleted.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

So you remove them when i was sohwing every 1 what they look like I am only trying to help and if you do not want my help SAY SO!!!!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Goldair, I removed the posts with symbols in them because (a) they don't work in all browsers any way, and (b) we've already said we're not allowing them, so they are not needed in the thread.

EmanueI
EmanueI
4 posts
Nomad

This question might have been answered, but i didn't find it so i guess it's ok if i post it 'again'.

My question is about the old inactive names/accounts? What are you going to do with them, are you going to 'free them' so they will be available to all others? And of course i don't mean if you're inactive for a short period of time, i mean of course peoples that have just created an account and didn't do anything else, for long time ago, 1-2 years maybe. I personally think they are just 'wasting' up all the cool names.

Thank you! :>

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

My question is about the old inactive names/accounts? What are you going to do with them, are you going to 'free them' so they will be available to all others? And of course i don't mean if you're inactive for a short period of time, i mean of course peoples that have just created an account and didn't do anything else, for long time ago, 1-2 years maybe. I personally think they are just 'wasting' up all the cool names.

If a username is taken by a user, even one that is inactive, the username cannot be used by anyone else. Usernames of banned and deleted accounts are also considered taken.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Patrick is correct. If the user was ever active, even users who register but never validate their account by clicking the URL we send via Email, will have their username reserved.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

I just dont want people stealing my name!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I just dont want people stealing my name!

If you don't change your username, your username will be taken and nobody will be able to "steal" it.
bunniecorps
bunniecorps
468 posts
Nomad

I just want to capatilize the "B" in my username. Will anyone be able to steal my name if it's the same one without the capitalized letter?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Will anyone be able to steal my name if it's the same one without the capitalized letter?

No.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Let's test the importance of capitalization by searching for bunniecorps, then the capitalized verison.

bunniecorps.

Bunniecorps.

They both go to the same profile (if my links worked), but the capitalization is different.

ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

Possibly symbol use on usernames?

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

It's definatly true. There is no possibility someone will steal your username unless it's one of those regular ones like abc123 or hi123.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Possibly symbol use on usernames?

What do you mean by symbols? Like these: &*#?
I think it should be kept the way it is, because it starts looking messy when everyone has $%^'s in their name.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

What do you mean by symbols? Like these: &*#?
I think it should be kept the way it is, because it starts looking messy when everyone has $%^'s in their name.

Those are messy, so it would be safe to keep symbols out of usernames. However, if the admins want to allow symbols, that's fine, especially if they have a way to control it.
Showing 91-105 of 301