ForumsProgramming ForumAGame: RPG

162 57786
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Ok, in the absence of Beech and Darkroot, I made this forum. Sorry guys, you just were taking to long. So, It seems like the main idea was for an RPG. I like that idea.

• 162 Replies
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Again, I hate my keyboard. I always press the tab button, the accidently press the enter. ok sorry. So, I want to know what your ideas for the RPG game. Like mention the story line, basicly, and tell us is it 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person. Thank you.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

i just like the idea of a modern turn based 3rd person rpg

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Hmmm... Sounds like a good idea.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Something with a cross between Sonny,Arkandian Crusade and have a giant robot that you get to battle with! Like Mechquest! =)

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I was thinking something more like a modern military game where you play as a soldier (just a normal soldier) or maybe as a squad leader in a war and you can upgrade things like your gun, your squad, and your battle field around you (so you can give your self trenches and stuff)

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

A mix of a wild nature world, a futuristic world and a medieval/magic world. You can choose your starter side, but then you can mix items and skills from every theme.
I'm not a fan of 3rd persons rpg, but I guess everyone else is, so it's fine for me.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

So guys... you have the concept (almost). But what about the coding/scripting/programing? Who will do that?

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Well, I suppose beech/someone will set the basics, then we will write the rest of the code together. If beech don't come back, I think we'll have to figure everything ourselves.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Yes. I am not allowed to make any decisions. It all comes down to beech on who does what. Also everyones ideas are sick.

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

If it does come down to beech not comming back.... I guess I'll run it. :S

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

So guys... you have the concept (almost). But what about the coding/scripting/programing? Who will do that?

The group will. Don't forget about the animation and art :P.

Yes. I am not allowed to make any decisions. It all comes down to beech on who does what. Also everyone's ideas are sick.

This is not a dictatorship, decisions should be made by the group as a whole and acted on by the most experienced and dedicated members.
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Correct. So yah you are correct. We need to figure out who is best at what first.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

We can divide the groups into sections later but we need a solid concept first. Right now I'm not sure what you guys want as an RPG. One of you needs to collaborate and make a design document.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

How about we make a poll for the main part of the theme

vote depending on what choice you like (more then one if you like)

1. what time?
a. ancient
b. medieval
c. modern
d. future

2. what perspective?
a. 1st person
b. 2nd person
c. 3rd person

3. gameplay?
a. side scroller
b. platformer
c. point and click (like sonny)

4. side quests?
a. yes
b. no

if i have missed any questions please state what else you think it should be

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

voting on my own post, i say

1. c
2. c
3. c
4. maybe, side quests do add to the game extend the amount of time you play it, but too many side quests gets annoying and you don't feel like accomplishing all them (and personally, i don't feel like iv beaten a game until i have done all side quests).

Showing 1-15 of 162