The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming Forumwhat is a good quality game making software for...

7 4690
zombiemurderer
zombiemurderer
16 posts
Nomad

i am looking for a software were i can make shooter games or strategy game if you know of one please tell me about it

• 7 Replies
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
248 posts
Nomad

What kind of shooter? First person? Third person? Top down?

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

Well, all the games here are made in flash, but it's expensive (699$) and difficult to use. If you want to do it just for fun, try game maker or the games factory 2.

jakeup
jakeup
138 posts
Nomad

Yah flash is really expensive. Unless you're a student it is significantly lower.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Or do what i did and use your relatives student ID to save a lot of money.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

If you want to make an fps in flash the you might want to get the unity engine. If it's just a simple on than you can just make your own engine or not. A strategy games is relatively simple once you have all the logic and AI in place and it's a tile based one.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Hi Darkroot! I have a question. On your last post you mentioned that he should use unity to make an fps in flash? Unity can make flash games? Wow, didn't know that. If that's the case, I think it might be worth a look at. Shiva only has LUA.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Yes, the unity engine has been ported to flash and a bunch of platforms now. First unity game I've seen was interstellar marines but Kongregate had/has a contest with the engine. It's a pretty cool and powerful 3d engine.

Showing 1-7 of 7