ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130807
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
Badbls
Badbls
26 posts
Nomad

I think a clan system would be cool

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I would like a clan system, especially if it is smart in minimizing spam.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan.

What's the difference between "kick out" and "ban"?
2xGodOfAllx2
2xGodOfAllx2
1 posts
Nomad

I don't exactly see the point of having clans, but I guess it would be kind of cool to have groups like that.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

What's the difference between "kick out" and "ban"?

Here's what I think about that:

Ban: Removes a user from a clan and doesn't allow the user to return. This would basically be a perma-ban.

Kick: Removes a user from a clan and keeps the user out for a certain amount of time. This would basically be a temp-ban.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Kick/Ban controls would only work if we had limitations on who could join the groups, so we might have to start groups as a 'request to join' scenario.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

why not Clan/Group or what its named. i do not know anymore. but wyh not have a clan members only zone and no 1 can join the zone but the Members and Mods and Admins

Leader / Co-Leader:
- invite users
- kick users
- post status updates
- post status update comments
- delete status updates
- delete status update comments from group members
- schedule events
- etc

Advanced Member:
- invite users
- kick users
- post status updates
- etc

Member:

Whats a Advanced Member? i think you only need 1 main leader 2 co leaders and ?? member's

But what is the leader kills the clan/group? what will happen? and how will you know?
goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

But what is the leader kills the clan/group?

What if the main leader kills it? Will a co-leader be the new main leader? or what?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Off hand, I think the simplest answer is that the group just disappears if the leader disbands it. We'd probably send out a system message to all affected users letting them know the group was disbanded with any final words from the group leader.

I think I've already mentioned that Larry had the idea of being able to relinquish control of a group to a member of the group and resign as leader. I added the extra note that the person gaining the new role would have to meet the same requirements to take over the group that would be needed to create a group on their own.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
704 posts
Nomad

nice idea and I hope it will be effective in AG3.
One thing though, i think that there should be a limitation to the amount of people to create groups, whether thats based on amount of days that person was on AG or what his rank is.
And maybe also a limitation on the amount of groups a person can create.

Or maybe both of them together, like you start off being able to create 3 groups and as you rank up/the older you get in AG
the more groups you can create.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure we'll need to get to a point where we unlock multiple group setup permissions or what. We also haven't defined the core requirements it'll take to even create a group to begin with, much less several groups.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

A 1 Group ally with a another Group?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Merge, maybe. "Ally" would just have to be something the groups choose to do, I can't think of a use case where we would need to have an ally/enemy situation.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I do, Multiplayer Games.

Colony, Battle Sector, Shell Shock Live, Platform Racing 2

These games can be used for clan wars.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yes, but we've already discussed having a tournament scenario. I can't see any situation where multiple groups would need to ally against one or more other groups. All we'd suggest as the administration is that the groups merge and become one group...

But then again, that assumes we're going to build a tournament model for groups, which isn't likely to happen within the AG3 software. It'll have to be something that the users manage on their own.

Showing 46-60 of 322