ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130806
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Or is it just a suggestion?

Suggestion only, and I don't think we'd let you do too much to the rank names, if any, when we release the first version of it.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Colony, Battle Sector, Shell Shock Live, Platform Racing 2

These games can be used for clan wars.

You forgot Exit Path.

Suggestion only

OK; thanks for the answer cormyn. I'll may make my own later.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Colony, Battle Sector, Shell Shock Live, Platform Racing 2

These games can be used for clan wars.

You forgot Exit Path.[/quote]

Yes, Exit Path should be on that list as well as Exit Path 2 when it comes out.
adamborg1
adamborg1
106 posts
Farmer

I don't really get why you should be in a clan.
Are there any benefits being in a clan, or is it just the social aspect you're looking at?
What does this group of people do together (if not competitions)?
Would the competitions really play out that well? Don't the games need to be programmed in a special way for this to work?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Groups/Clans, to start, will be purely social.

Whether we build any group-vs-group competitions is something we're still discussing internally.

14sammy2
14sammy2
22 posts
Nomad

Your clan should be able to earn armor points for the clan. They could be used to get armatars like the armor points are used now. thhe guld amratar could appear in a corner of your armatar.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Groups/Clans, to start, will be purely social.

Whether we build any group-vs-group competitions is something we're still discussing internally.

Maybe a clan leader board with the most combined AP, for the future?
I don't know, just something that popped into my head.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Your clan should be able to earn armor points for the clan

We've already said this won't be a feature of Groups. We'll have enough to manage with Armor Points, Reputation and Achievements without needing to track a fourth point system.

Maybe a clan leader board with the most combined AP, for the future?

Yeah, maybe, although those results could be skewed if a user is in multiple groups. We're not planning to restrict which groups a user can join in the first phase of Groups. Maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) for phase 2 of Groups, we'll restrict which single group you can be in for game-related groups... and have leaderboards per game-group. But that's going to be at least a year away from happening.
MindSucker
MindSucker
63 posts
Nomad

Advanced Member:
- invite users
- kick users
- post status updates
- post status update comments
- etc

I think it's a bad idea to make them to kick other people, maybe just the suggestion to kick with the approvation of Lead, Co-Lead will be better ?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

MindSucker, as I've said elsewhere in this thread, the idea of Groups/Clans will be extremely simple when first implemented. The first 'hase' will only allow a user to create a group, and people can choose to join. There won't be invites, there won't be ranks. You're either the sole leader, or a person within the group. We'll probably have a way to transfer ownership of the group to another member, but only if that member ALSO has the qualifications needed to create a new group themselves.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

That's too restrictive. If there are groups for multiple games, how are you to decide which group to join?

Yes, but what if one of the clans you're in faces off against another one? How will this be handled?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Yes, but what if one of the clans you're in faces off against another one? How will this be handled?

Here's how I think it should be handled:

If two clans face off against each other and you are in both clans, you should be notified of the conflict and asked to choose a clan to side with. If you don't choose a clan by a certain time, you do not participate in the conflict.
016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

If two clans face off against each other and you are in both clans, you should be notified of the conflict and asked to choose a clan to side with. If you don't choose a clan by a certain time, you do not participate in the conflict.

I support Patrick2011's idea. However, if this happens to you again, choose the other clan to equal it out.
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I think it would be better to don't participate, or, after the conflict, you'll maybe not be liked in the clan you haven't choose.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

However, if this happens to you again, choose the other clan to equal it out.

I think it would be better to don't participate, or, after the conflict, you'll maybe not be liked in the clan you haven't choose.

I was suggesting an option, not a strategy, but I think both are viable strategies if my idea is implemented.
Showing 76-90 of 322