ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130801
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
leosgooners
leosgooners
7 posts
Nomad

nice idea.. could take away the fact that armor games is a gaming webstie, not a website about 'clans' and 'clan competitions'

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, we're hoping it will enhance the social aspect to gaming. Just like everything else we're building for AG3.

Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

it would be nice to have a clan or group thing on AG and it would be nice to add a chat bar and a clan chat bar on the side.

Toluffy
Toluffy
7 posts
Peasant

how i can have a clan?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

it would be nice to have a clan or group thing on AG

Uh, that's what this thread is all about.

it would be nice to add a chat bar

See here.

and a clan chat bar on the side.

Probably not.

how i can have a clan?

We haven't decided yet on all of the requirements.
gbnxc
gbnxc
192 posts
Nomad

I think you could give the "clan members" denominations and ranks within the clan to show where they lie in the clan... thers not really a point to it but it could be pretty cool

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

gbnxc, we've already discussed the idea of ranks within a clan, and we've said that phase one will not include anything other than 'leader' and 'member'.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

There should be a clan war like in Shakes And Fidget.

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
518 posts
Nomad

We haven't decided yet on all of the requirements.

What if a clan in AG2 doesn't reach these requirements will the clan be shut down until they do?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

What if a clan in AG2 doesn't reach these requirements will the clan be shut down until they do?

There is no clan system in AG2, so each AG2 "clan" would have to be recreated in AG3.
falleiz
falleiz
32 posts
Nomad

Thats a good idea would mean you can compare scores to another clan/group? Falleiz

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Until we build the official clan structure for AG3, the only 'clan' setup is what currently exists, which is just users who share a common element in their username.

would mean you can compare scores to another clan/group?

If we build that feature, yeah. Also, please don't "sign" your forum posts. We know you wrote it ;o)
yz125
yz125
256 posts
Peasant

Has anyone ever thought of an account based clan ? Then pick an MMO on this site*There are some* and play as a group ? That's future gaming right there !!!! XD

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

hang on a minuite, so basically this clan thing will basically be what it is currently? where members select their members and select their ranks? but with official titles that determine their role within the clan/group.

what you could also do, like my comment i made on the developers corner have certain groups of people that the clan can post status's updates about new members and contests, and so on so forth. i would say that most definately that would be a nice way for either a group of friends, moderators, and general clan members to stay in touch and to really have a sence of being within a group.

Until we build the official clan structure for AG3, the only 'clan' setup is what currently exists, which is just users who share a common element in their username.

im guessing this excludes clans which are to aid the overall AG community?

and just one last question, it's probably been answered and i have not uunderstood properly. But i hope that there will be some kind of button on your profile like start group/clan or something, then once the leader of the clan has set it up, he can send invites to people he wants in.

another thing i would like to enquirer about, is whether the ranks and abilities are set, so for instance sending invites and kicking, just because they are an advanced member, does this meen that they have to have those powers? or can you restrict it so only the founder can do so.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Has anyone ever thought of an account based clan ? Then pick an MMO on this site*There are some* and play as a group ?

There are lots of user-created "clans" on the site right now, and that's what this whole topic is about.

Once groups/clans are built into AG3 as a feature, through, alternate accounts will no longer be permitted.

so basically this clan thing will basically be what it is currently? where members select their members and select their ranks? but with official titles that determine their role within the clan/group.

No, users won't have rank-picking. Phase one, as I've said several times, will only have a 'leader' and 'members'.

the clan can post status's updates

We've already discussed this elsewhere in this thread, and that's one of the main features we want groups for.

im guessing this excludes clans which are to aid the overall AG community?

I have no idea what you mean.

i hope that there will be some kind of button on your profile like start group/clan or something, then once the leader of the clan has set it up, he can send invites to people he wants in.

Yes, but there may be requirements to be met before you can create a group.

All of your questions have been answered in the thread in great detail. Please take some time to read through all of my posts in this thread to get a clear understanding of what our goal is.
Showing 106-120 of 322