ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130352
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
xFYCNxB33ST
xFYCNxB33ST
43 posts
Nomad

It'd also be cool if there was a ranking system for clans and groups for different games. For example on colony (sorry not sure how too many other multiplayer games on AG work) a ranking for matches won, matches won against other clans, maybe win ratio for clans, amount of clan memebers.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yes, we've already talked about having group-vs-group leaderboards, but we need to investigate whether that's even something we want to build or if it's something the users of each group would manage on their own.

bnathan3
bnathan3
6 posts
Nomad

I say clans is a bad idea. Armorgames is a site for games. I think that the Comunity talks is good enough.

tiptopdude
tiptopdude
106 posts
Nomad

I say clans is a good idea. I reckon that whilst playing games against other clans you will be able to chat and talk and get to know your clan better and some of what they do in real life.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

If clans have no function, they're not that good. However, I would say yes to clans that have actual AG functions and powers.

Comcat1
Comcat1
5 posts
Peasant

This is a great idea. I think you shuld only be able to join one clan. I also think that the people who are moderators and admins and such should each have a clan. There should be no more clans then that. When you join the site you should be able to choose which clan you would like to be on. Then you should recieve a clan password which will grant you access to the clan website. Inside the clan you should be able to earn clan points which are like armor points but smaller. You can choose to have a different armatar or keep yours in a clan. The owner and the leaders can schedule meetings when all the people who are part of the clan can go to the clan site and go to a chat room in which you can earn clan points by winning games there. There should also be disscussions during the meeting. This will not be required but should be required. The leaders should choose when to premote someone to deputy(only the owner can make someone a leader). The people who can become a deputy will be voted on during a clan meeting. They should be regular in clan meetings, have a good posting record, and have 51% of the clan leaders votes. The rankings could be like this:

Owner- this the admin or such that the clan belongs to.
-Can ban
-Invite
-Coment
-Schedule
-etc.

Leaders: These people are chosen by the owner of the clan and can do the same as owners exceptthey are more like the people who make sure everything is going smooth.

Deputies: They are like the advisors to the leaders and they send out all the emails of schedules and what not.
-Ban users
-Invite and coment.

Members: the basic people. They can post coments only.

The punishments for breaking any of the rules of the clan(the rules will be decided by the owner within reason). Level one rule is minor while level three is a major rule.
-first offense for a level one rule -5 points.
-second offense of a level one rule -20 points.
-third offense of a level one rule banishment for a week.
Etc.
-first offense for a level two rule -50 points.
-second offense for a level two rule banishment for a week.
-third offense for a level two rule banishment for a month.
Etc.
-first offense for a level three rule -100 points and a month banishment.
-second offense for a level two rule banishment.

If you have been banned from a clan you may join another clan after one month. If you are kicked out again then you will be clanless.
Just some thoughts.
Comcat1

Comcat1
Comcat1
5 posts
Peasant

Sorry for the last punishment imeant level three rule not two.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I do like the idea of a clan, but I have some things to say about Comcat1's post:

I think you shuld only be able to join one clan.

I do not think this is a good idea because that would encourage alts, which I don't think the admins want.

Inside the clan you should be able to earn clan points which are like armor points but smaller.

I also think this idea is off the preferred path the admins are taking. I think clans should be part of AG rather than have separate stuff.

Owner- this the admin or such that the clan belongs to.
-Can ban
-Invite
-Coment
-Schedule
-etc.

Leaders: These people are chosen by the owner of the clan and can do the same as owners exceptthey are more like the people who make sure everything is going smooth.

Deputies: They are like the advisors to the leaders and they send out all the emails of schedules and what not.
-Ban users
-Invite and coment.

Members: the basic people. They can post coments only.

From what I see, deputies and leaders do about the same stuff, so those should be merged.

The punishments for breaking any of the rules of the clan(the rules will be decided by the owner within reason). Level one rule is minor while level three is a major rule.
-first offense for a level one rule -5 points.
-second offense of a level one rule -20 points.
-third offense of a level one rule banishment for a week.
Etc.
-first offense for a level two rule -50 points.
-second offense for a level two rule banishment for a week.
-third offense for a level two rule banishment for a month.
Etc.
-first offense for a level three rule -100 points and a month banishment.
-second offense for a level two rule banishment.

I have already called separate points a bad idea, and I don't think the punishments will be appropriate for the new AP system.

Based on what I've said, Comcat1 proposed something way off the preferred path.
FearRiver
FearRiver
13 posts
Farmer

Based on what I've said, Comcat1 proposed something way off the preferred path.

I must agree. I believe the administration of Armor Games has a whole different mind-set on the outcome of this project.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I think you shuld only be able to join one clan.

That's too restrictive. If there are groups for multiple games, how are you to decide which group to join?

I also think that the people who are moderators and admins and such should each have a clan.

We have enough work to do without having to manage a clan. Unless you mean we should get a clan just so we can keep an eye on it?

When you join the site you should be able to choose which clan you would like to be on.

Clans/Groups are not meant to be a site-wide 'faction'.

Inside the clan you should be able to earn clan points which are like armor points but smaller.

No, we're not adding another point system beyond what we've already discussed.

The rankings could be like this:

Noted.

I believe the administration of Armor Games has a whole different mind-set on the outcome of this project.

Our real goal is to give users a second level of 'identity' on the site, and to help discourage the creation of alternate accounts by letting your account be in as many groups as you want.

Ideally, users could create groups that aren't strictly tied to certain games, though that's probably the bulk of where we'll see them show up, ie Exit Path groups, Colony groups, etc. and users can join/leave groups as they want.

In the future, we might expand groups to include other ideas such as more ranks/controls, etc..
bunniecorps
bunniecorps
468 posts
Nomad

I think it might be a good idea to restrict clan making a little bit. You should only be able to make one clan and you must be at least a ______ to make a clan.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

bunniecorps, we've already talked about that in the thread.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I run 3 Groups/Clans. Do I must follow this;

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Or is it just a suggestion?

In the Armatar War-clan Sprhydroosa; it is one Founder, one First Runner, pretty many Runners and the rest in Members.

The Top Gear Group got Founder, Runner and Members.
Just like the Weapon club.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Or is it just a suggestion?[/quote]

What I double quoted was just an example given in the OP.
jamiexultraninja
jamiexultraninja
10 posts
Nomad

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Would you be able to change the name of the clan ranks?
Showing 61-75 of 322