Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 18, '11 at 3:35pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,971 posts

jim morrison just peed on people

I don't think he did that, but he did take his penis out in public and was either high or drunk at most concerts.

Posted Mar 18, '11 at 3:53pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

6,778 posts

I don't think he did that

no lol he did

Posted Mar 18, '11 at 5:15pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

11,568 posts

NICE!!! 2 pages of AG users participating in the 2011 edition already!!! This is better than I had hoped for! =D

So, it's time for a first round up on the scores in their new setting and it already prooves it's worth from the looks of it! =)

Here we go!

Votes counted Group A:

Beatles________: 11 (1+3+3+3+1)
Queen__________: 10 (3+1+1+1+1+3)
Jimi Hendrix___: 6 (3+3)
The Doors______: 4 (1+3)
Rolling Stones_: 1 (1)
C.C.R._________: 0
Golden Earring_: 0

It's looking very promissing so far with two bands close together and two others in pursuit! Excellent!

I'll be a little more flexible with the acceptance of votes, but a reasoning is still boligated, whcih all the voters have obided to! Thanx for that! =)

Now... let's see how this will unfold further, keep them votes coming in!!! =D

Posted Mar 19, '11 at 1:21pm

StrategicCaptain

StrategicCaptain

404 posts

Ok I vote the Beatles! They are awesome.

Posted Mar 19, '11 at 9:32pm

grimml

grimml

898 posts

#1 The Doors
#2 The Rolling Stones

I'll vote for The Doors because of their great songs like "Break on through", "Light my fire" and "Riders on the storm". Their songs reallY rock, but it's also good to listen to them while you're drunk or high

And the Rolling Stones are just classic.

Posted Mar 19, '11 at 11:49pm

StrategicCaptain

StrategicCaptain

404 posts

Ooops
#1 Beatles
#2 Queen

#1~ They have very catchy songs, and lots of them. I also read a book about them recently.
#2~ Queen just has some of the classic songs. "We are the champions"
and many more.

Posted Mar 21, '11 at 4:45pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

11,568 posts

@ StrategicCaptain : Nice to see you updated your votes and provided the reasoning to them! Excellent!!
*two thumbs up* =)

@ grimml : I know what you mean there... I never was a that much of a fan of the Doors, but I watched the movie about them (with Val Kilmer superbly portaying Jim!) with my girl the other night and after that my appreciation of the Doors and their music was upgraded to the deserved level! When you know the story, the music makes more sense... =D

And the update of the vote count shows that the ranking has shifted the bands a bit, making the Beatles take a lead in this group and the Doors overtake Jimi Hendrix! =D
Let's just hope that the first test on this new voting system proves that it's going to be a close race to the finish line with all bands (or at least a bunch of them) trying to win the round...

First update on Group A shows:

Votes counted Group A:

Beatles_______: 14 (1+3+3+3+1+3)
Queen_______: 11 (3+1+1+1+1+3+1)
Jimi Hendrix___ : 6 (3+3)
The Doors____: 7 (1+3+3)
Rolling Stones_ : 2 (1+1)
C.C.R.________: 0
Golden Earring_: 0

Let's kep them votes rolling in folks! It's looking good, but there's room for improvement here...

Posted Mar 21, '11 at 11:25pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

6,778 posts

come on guys lets keep it rolling. no slowing down now. in order to go to the next round we have to go through this one first

Posted Mar 23, '11 at 11:51pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

2,233 posts

BEATLES!!

Posted Mar 24, '11 at 12:06am

delossantosj

delossantosj

6,778 posts

pyro. lol you have to elaborate your vote or it wont count