The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumFree web design software

4 5292
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

(does this go on this thread?)

I use dreamweaver for all website making needs but my friend is learning HTML (and probably CSS) and needs a free software thats good for beginners, anybody know of one?

• 4 Replies
plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Notepad? Otherwise I don't use any of the free WYSIWYG editors because they don't properly display all the formatting. It may be different now, I haven't checked in a while.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Notepad?

Notepad++ 100 times better. I use it for my php too, awesome stuff that is.

I don't use any of the free WYSIWYG editors because they don't properly display all the formatting.

Yep, but dream-weaver isn't free. I friend that is doing a web-design course says it's ok, but I've always seen it spam sloppy useless code.

All one needs for making a website is an notepad or some other text editor. The nice thing about programming is that almost everything is free.
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

I agree with Darkroot, and basically, dreamweaver just shows you what you code (well, at least, that is how I use it)

Notepad++ ftw!

MadMurphy
MadMurphy
7 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Notepad++ is the best option here. Since it is a beginner you want to get down to basics and just see the code. Notepad++ will highlight the tags to make it easier to understand.

Showing 1-4 of 4