The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernMy taste buds seem to be malfunctioning

21 6441
Umbra7
Umbra7
27 posts
Nomad

So for some reason, few days ago my taste buds changed or something. I taste a lot of things differently now, but spicy foods don't seem to be registering. I ignored it at first, but its been a few days now and its the same. I eat spicy food A LOT, so I'm used to spice, but now I tried some Extra Hot Texas Pete and it tastes bland. Not only taste either, but my preferences also. My sweets preference has changed. I tried some cake yesterday and it just tasted wrong, the same with some milk chocolate candy, but dark chocolate is good. Any idea what the deal is? Or how to fix this? The way I'm thinking right now its not a big deal, but I don't want to LOSE my taste. Also I am NOT taking any medication and don't have a cold.

• 21 Replies
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it might be puberty. I don't know what to say about this.

sambam
sambam
452 posts
Nomad

If you eat a certain food a lot you loose it's taste. That's why people can't taste ketchup when their older.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

Ive heard of this before I know someone who did that if you eat too much soicy food sometimes you can burn off yuor taste buds go see a doctor dood

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

woah all this is new to me
if you eat too much of one food you lose its taste?
I wonder if theres a taste to water then...

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Your taste buds are constantly changing. A change in taste perception and preference over time is quite normal. The most common cause of sudden change, from what I know, is due to hormone changes in your body. If you are a teen, especially an early teen, then this is probably exactly what is going on.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

95% percent of you do not know what your talking about, Spicy foods do not hurt your taste buds! I eat them nearly every day and my tastebuds are fine! He said his mouth has been dry lately, no saliva (or spit to some of you) in your mouth, no taste! Saliva starts the digestive process, it works with your teeth so you can taste.

Showing 16-21 of 21