The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernFavorite Language?

60 9356
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I had no other place to put this, and I felt like taking a poll or whatever to find out if the general public has a general favorite language.

So. What might your favorite language be?

• 60 Replies
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

I really like Italian. Well, most Romance Languages really. Italian, though. That's the sh*t, man.

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

My favorite language is English, because it's my first language, but if I could learn another language I'd want to learn Latin.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Well I can speak fluent English (to some people's standards at least) and I speak a little bit of Spanish, so I'd have to say those two are my favorites.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Latin. All other languages are useless.

Latin has very few exceptions, simple grammar, fewer letters, individual letters, and everything follows the same rules. In Latin, height would be pronounced hi - gee - ech - tee.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

I speak english as a first language... and im learning french in school... but my favorite language would have to be Vietnamese. my family is from Vietnam, and when i used to live in Texas, I would hear my Grandma speaking Vietnamese over the phone sometimes... and i always wanted to know what she was saying

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Latin. All other languages are useless.

Latin has very few exceptions, simple grammar, fewer letters, individual letters, and everything follows the same rules. In Latin, height would be pronounced hi - gee - ech - tee.

I have yet to see you speak some Latin, on AG at least. It'd be appreciated.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

My favorite language is probably pig latin but i also speak english, hebrew, and spanish.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

German is awesome, but I think middle English and Gaelic sound cool.

GhostSauce
GhostSauce
1,140 posts
Nomad

HIEROGLYPHICS i dont believe any one has said this is the best language i mean you speak with pictures or maybe Sign language well im fluent in enlgish y espanol sola mente que no tengo la ene. Im also taking french

CigarStoreIndian
CigarStoreIndian
40 posts
Nomad

Spanish is pretty cool if you speak it with an Irish accent. Try it if you don't believe me.

StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

Definitely Irish, I am almost half Irish, so it is fun to speak.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

My favorite language is probably pig latin

Pig Latin isn't a real language.

However, the England English or Australian English are much higher than the American English.

British English. South African English sounds much more interesting to me, mainly because I live across the ditch from the Aussies (they sound like sandpaper).

It seems like your generalizing every single language you listed.

English for being poetic... Sort of. Not really. Actually, I think English is on the worst languages list.

No such thing as a "worst" or "best" language. Though as for complexity, The Economist did publish something interesting.
allenr912
allenr912
26 posts
Farmer

Swedish! Started learning cause of Basshunter, haha

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

I speak English fluently, Irish fluently and know bits of Spanish and French.
My favorite one out of those four is Spanish, I'm not sure why, I just like it.

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

i like Greek and Korean. I have a South Korean friend and he is sorta teaching me how to speak the language

Showing 16-30 of 60