ForumsNews and Feedback[dup] live chat (was: the community)

7 2635
brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

i reckon if the forums are going to be carried through to ag3 that there should be possibly some way of like a live chat like windows messenger or somthing. i also think that there would have to be no ap given out for posts on it though, like the newcomers forum, otherwise it would be full of people spamming for points. however i thnik it would be a good way for players to get good information quickly, and it will greatly enhance the tavern, because it creates a more chatty atmosphere. thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts.

brp47

• 7 Replies
DaoGao
DaoGao
220 posts
Nomad

Instant messaging is what I think your talking about. But for the record, do you know how much of an extra headache this will be for moderators? One user might say rubbish, and moderators have to be called to remove them.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

yeah DaoGao, you are right. It would be a pain to remove all of the stuff people say. Then they would just have to delete it from AG3.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

We actually used to have live chat on AG a long time ago. Apparently, aside from the obvious difficulties with live chat, it was a major drain on the servers so it had to be scrapped. Highly unlikely it will ever return. Although the new messaging system in AG3 is far more efficient than what we have now, and you can see instant status updates and such from your friends.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well, a lot of this has already been sugested, no ap in forums is "going to happen" and the istane messaging is probly not, but the forums going be much more instant and no one geting be geting "ninja'd" has been talled about, but the problem is that armor games (of what i now) has not realy desited on a forum engeine and how it will work and so on so all this is TBD.

about getting info fast, a live mod part of the site has been desited on, where you can ask a mod something and they will help you.

please look around the forums a little more before posting please

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

i dont mind no ap forums if they are the chatting ones like newcomers

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

Didn't Cormyn say that:

"until we know what forum engine we'll be using, we can't comment on what features we'll include."

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

And seriously people, please lurk in the forum to see how many hundreds of times people have asked for a live chat system... egad!

Showing 1-7 of 7