The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Tavernwhat is your most hated word.

95 14820
Scarlett814
Scarlett814
26 posts
Nomad

if you could make any word dissappear from the universe forever, what would it be?? mine would be disrespectful. that word is SO over used in my house. o_O

• 95 Replies
StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

Like this is an awesome like thread. I like totally love the word like, like. Like it is and like awesome like word, like ya. Like this is how like people in my like class speak like totally.
Or.......
Uhh this is uhh a pretty uhh cool thread. Uhhhh I like ummm want to post a word I uhh hate. I uhh like don't like uhh the word uhhh,
Joke. Uhh it makes no sense. Uhh ya.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

The only words that can be safely deleted are swear words.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

my most hated word would be: "hate" or most curses. kind of simple but yeah ireally dislike those

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Yes! I totally agree with you guys who are saying take out "Like."

It, along with "Um," is the most annoying word in today's English language.

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

I'd like to get rid of "Like" and "Um" I overuse them way too much, normally when I'm talking I use either of them in almost every sentence I say.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

I do really agree with Patrick2011; let f**k also dissapear.

sasquatchcarrot
sasquatchcarrot
189 posts
Nomad

i think curse words just be deleted from all languages, comedy and music will be much better without those things.

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

I completely agree with every one saying that they would delete like and um. I would not delete swear words. I actually use them sometimes just not on here. They help enhance vocabulary and help express feelings. I do not like them when they are used offensively. I would also delete the words gay and queer.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Hmmm, I'm against getting rid of 'um' because it's a great 'ause word' so to speak, it gives the user time to put together the rest of their sentence mentally without interrupting the conversation too much. If I really had to choose, if I had to choose one word that I despise, that word would be 'Monday' ...Or any offensive slang term that relates to certain aspects of female anatomy - one finds that one can hardly conduct a 2 minute conversation without inadvertently using at least 3 of them. Due, in part, to the fact that the people of 18th and 19th century Britain got very inventive with their vocabulary.

Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

i dont have a pacific word i hate but theres phrases that i hate with a passion and they are "we didnt pay the internet bill so no internet connection" or "sorry but i think we should break up"

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Hmmm, I'm against getting rid of 'um' because it's a great 'ause word' so to speak

I guess you're right, because even if we got rid of "Um" people would use something like "Uh" instead of "Um."

But people need to learn to talk without it, in my opinion.
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Like...I hate blonde girls that repeat it after every word.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Like...I hate blonde girls that repeat it after every word.

I'm not sure if that's racist against blond's but it's something...

I hate like any word that everyone spells wrong in an internet chat like teh
michael96412
michael96412
85 posts
Farmer

i would get rid of the word "exams" i really hate them

SecretNinjaPineapple
SecretNinjaPineapple
21 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if anyone has watched that episode of How I met Your Mother, when Lily admits to hating the word "moist"..
but since then.. I just hate that word.
*shudders*

Showing 16-30 of 95