12 posts
Nomad

So we can be happy and enjoy it.

• 27 Replies
Metalheadbob
Metalheadbob
95 posts
Nomad

No..I think we are on earth because this is my most livable planet and this is where the organism decided to forum.

Nerdius
Nerdius
421 posts
Nomad

We are here because this is a planet where we can live, that our bodies can adapt to. If we lived on Mars, there would be no 'we' rather then 'emptiness' and 'desolate'. We are here on Earth because god put us here, and we can survive here. After the destruction of the dinosaurs, Earth needed a prevalent species, one to lead and be most powerful. Thats where we come in. Even though we cause tons of pollution, we keep balance in the food chain. We have actively thinking brains and can use it when needed to adapt and survive. Earth is merely one place. In the news, they talked about a faraway planet with an ecosystem seemingly indifferent to ours. Of course, if we set a ship there, it would take thousands of years. We were put on Earth and given free will to do what we want in our life. God decided he needed a place for us, and that place was Earth (My beliefs, please don't criticize them). Without us humans, the rulers of Earth would most likely be some form of predator, and what did we do when we came here? We held back the predator from its mass killing and destruction. We are the leaders of the animals, plants, and other kingdoms. We were put here for a purpose, to protect, to guide, to safeguard, and to lead. We are the rulers, and what we do with this affects everything. We can kill all, or we could bring about a brotherhood of peace. This is our place, to do with it what we decide. We mold the future and lead this planet. The reason we were put here you see, was to lead.

Metalheadbob
Metalheadbob
95 posts
Nomad

Yup i think nerdius about sums it up

Nerdius
Nerdius
421 posts
Nomad

Thanks Metalheadbob, I spent a lot of time on that.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

well nerdius just completed the debate

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

sorry for the double post but good job on that desciptive writing.

Nerdius
Nerdius
421 posts
Nomad

Thank you xgamer24, that is supremely appreciated.
(descriptive again)

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Well, hey, his name speaks for itself!

lol j/k dude, but yeah, you pretty much summed it up. Good job.

knightkalp
knightkalp
51 posts
Nomad

if you ask me some sort ao organism created and multiplyed 2 figure experament with life on a planet that can creat and build

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Lol Nerdius did it all.

Nerdius
Nerdius
421 posts
Nomad

Yes I did, yes I did. And that took some effort. I just really felt strongly on this topic and decided to post, a lot.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm going to be the voice of dissent here and disagree with Nerdius (No offense!)

There's no reason we're here. We just are. Life started on Earth for some reason, and we eventually grew out of it. We have no purpose but the ones we make for ourselves. I just hope we make good purposes and then live up to them.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Yeah...I don't mean to jump on the bandwagon but- oh who am I kidding LET'S JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON OF DISSENT YAY!

Anyway, yes. My perspective is one that expresses what kanethebrain said...except with one small change: Instead of Life started on earth for some reason...I'm just going to say Life started on earth.

Please don't get me wrong though, what Nerdius has done is summed up in a neat passage what many people feel it so necessary to believe, and hence the prevalence of anthropocentric thinking throughout the millenia. However, when this insinuates itself into moral theory, I find the need to complain vociferously.

Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

@Nerdius

You are correct, Earth has life because it is close enough to the sun to get a sufficient amount of heat and energy, but not too far away that it's freezing. Earth has an atmosphere that protects us from the immense heat of the sun, and meteors that could crash into us. If we were a short distance away from the sun, Earth would be a cold, lifeless planet, like the others.

A few flaws in your passage though, we do not balance the food chain, we destroy many animal habitats, we kill off endangered species for clothing (fur etc.) and food. If this is the best we can do I am not impressed, we are causing the end of life on Earth (Global Warming, pollution, etc.). Here I go contradicting myself again: humans aren't destroying Earth, Earth isn't going anywhere, WE ARE! Earth has been through a lot worse than us, our plastic bags are no harm to Earth when compared to astroids crashing on planet surface, super-volcanoes erupting, earthquakes, tsunami's, magnetic reversal of the poles, and... ah, lost my train of thought...

When we look for planets with suitable conditions for life, our primary mission is to move to that place, and not to find intelligent extraterrestials there. We are destroying Earth and we need a new place to stay. If humanity wants to survive, we will by necessity have to travel to other planets we can live on, Earth will soon become lifeless.

If the rulers of the Earth were predators, at least everything would function properly, we aren't really doing anything about the predators except helping them kill off everything. We've become the predator causing the mass-killings.

Humans? Leaders? Ha!
Protect? You mean burn/chop down forests?
Safeguard? Lock'em up in zoo's?

We are terrible leaders, hastening our own end.

-Skyla <3

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

So that we can be happy on what we doing now.

Showing 1-15 of 27