ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1385323
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

First of all it's not nothing, it's just a lot of energy and imploded, during that process subatomic particles formed then elements during the cooling process of the universe.
The current set of theories does not cover time from 0 to 1e-13 seconds, this means we don't exactly know what was there in the beginning.
why can't christians memorize the bible since it's that important?
oh well, muslims do memorize Qur'an, but still they fail to live to what's told inside. Memorization probably occurred back there, and probably should be encouraged even now, despite all the things we have to help us remember, but the message was to live with God, not remember what He said and not obey His words.

And, please forgive me for being slow, I have work to do in parallel.
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

I'm not arguing the possibility of evolution. I'm arguing how life came from non life and how complexities just happen. Micro evolution, I do agree with

Complexities are evolutionarily beneficial.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

@Darkroot. I just proved that it's illogical to not believe in God, also, if you listen to the CD I provided above, it proves the existence of God mathematically as well as using laws of science and physics, as well as logic

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

complexities just happen.

It's mathematically proven that chaos can lead to some order of complexity.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Complexities are evolutionarily beneficial.
Well we didn't evolve from the mona lisa or the spinx. And my question is how did life come from non life? it's impossible
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

It's mathematically proven that chaos can lead to some order of complexity.

Given billions and billions and billions of years maybe... Let me take apart a clock and put the pieces in a coffee jar. You can shake it until it comes together. How many billions of years do you have to shake that clock until it gets put back together in working order?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

This is wrong, there is geological proof of floods in Mesopothamia and nearby regions, which were strong enough to literally wiple the land of humanity. Still, there's a word "oecumena" in the Bible's text describing the flood, which stands for "known world", which was way smaller back there.

I can buy a local flood. Though this does mean our current Bibles are all wrong, as they don't make this statement. Though with the story we are still left with the laws of physics being altered so light is refractive in droplets of water.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

@Darkroot. I just proved that it's illogical to not believe in God, also, if you listen to the CD I provided above, it proves the existence of God mathematically as well as using laws of science and physics, as well as logic

Really where? Was it that thing you call logic? If yes then you didn't prove anything.

I don't think I will listen to CD's that I need to buy. I don't buy faith but it seems you do. I am very very very dubious of the claim is proves it mathematically, if it did then something like that would be all over the internet and I wouldn't need to buy a CD, unless it was some sort of broken useless math which is of no relevance then. Also if you listened to it why are you unable to regurgitate what you learned in a concise manner?
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

Source of Mesopotamian flood? I hate this question, but it's necessary for factual claims.
You mean the source where the water came, or source of geological proof? I can find the latter, but can't find out the former.
How many billions of years do you have to shake that clock until it gets put back together in working order?
A lot in average, but still there's a nonzero probability that they will come with the very first shake.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Given billions and billions and billions of years maybe... Let me take apart a clock and put the pieces in a coffee jar. You can shake it until it comes together. How many billions of years do you have to shake that clock until it gets put back together in working order?

Hey, you know the universe is pretty **** old so you just confirmed that you think it's true.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

A lot in average, but still there's a nonzero probability that they will come with the very first shake.
Do you even know what you're saying? that possibility is so minuscule you have a better chance of disproving God. And Darkroot, I just gave you logical proof above.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well we didn't evolve from the mona lisa or the spinx. And my question is how did life come from non life? it's impossible

We were able to make the building blocks of life and we were able to make our own artificial life. This has also already been covered here.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Hey, you know the universe is pretty **** old so you just confirmed that you think it's true.

There is no possibility that the clock is going to come together. By your scientists, the universe came together in about 15 billion years. You really think that if you shake a coffee tin filled with clock parts it's going to come together? listen to yourself man! there is no possibility, and even if there is, the chance is going to be so minuscule that it's sick you still try to argue this
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

We were able to make the building blocks of life and we were able to make our own artificial life. This has also already been covered here.

Ok, I'll give you that, but we put it together, thus... wait for it.... INTELLIGENT DESIGN!!!
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

I can buy a local flood. Though this does mean our current Bibles are all wrong, as they don't make this statement.
No implication detected.
that possibility is so minuscule you have a better chance of disproving God.
Well, there's an unbelieveable lot of "shakes" within the Earth's biosphere, and given its age, even such a minuscule probability per shake can grow up to 0.5 for the given amount of time. And I'm not disproving God, this is just to show you that you're using "improbable truth" arguments which you imply as being always false. Actually we don't know how did God create everything, it's possible that He did organize some of the "random shakes" to result in something that can be called "life". There are theories that state that life can be born in small cavities of calcium hydroxide minerals, if a certain concentration of elements is achieved within, and certain temperature conditions are maintained. These are just theories, though they can back up the POV that life could proceed from "unlife".
Showing 241-255 of 4668