ForumsNews and FeedbackExtra tools for Forum posting

11 4073
Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

I started an RPG in the Game Forums, Junkyard Wars: Masters of Junk. But I just relised that the players need something to draw with to design something. Is it possible to add more tools to the forums besides "bold, italic, link, image, and quote?" Like Pen tool, animation tool, video too, maybe even a "hide this from other players" tool, like you make an RPG, say, Clue, but you can't figure out how to keep one players clues from another, if it's PvP, so then there is a "hise from other players" tool, like, you decide who sees it on a pop-up list or such, and who ever is not on the list, doesn't see it. How's this idea?

• 11 Replies
Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

oh, and to add to the list of more forum tools:

Calculater
Dice Roller or Radomizer
Counter
Texting Faces
and maybe even a music tool, where you can attach music for people to listen to

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

There's a calculator built into every computer/laptop as far as I know, so that's pretty unnecessary.
There's not much need for a dice roller or randomizer, just go to random.org and that should work out.
A counter, what do you mean?
A texting faces would be pretty decent, but :3 > > <.< >_< ect are fine as well.
A music tool would be pretty great, but that would take a lot of coding I'd say, just open up youtube in another tab or take out an I-pod.

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

How about the hiding tool i mentioned up at the beginning? you can hide certain things from other players, such as hiding your clues from other players on a PvP Clue forum game.

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

Hiding things from other users? While it may be good for some topics, on others it could be used wrong, and probably will be.
I don't really like it, if you want to have a PVP based sort of thing, I think there's gonna be private messages in AGv3 so that might help with that.

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

like i mentioned earlier, a pen tool could be useful, like for my Junkyard Wars forum game, it needs the player to design something, and the pen tool could let you draw something in a given space.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

I don't think that this belongs in AG3. This should be in Support and Suggestions.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already discussed a Showcase area of AG3, which we'll work on after AG3 launches, where you can post links to your work and get feedback. It won't necessarily be tied to the forums.

Rosemary16
Rosemary16
151 posts
Peasant

I would like to see a feature to edit posts.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Editing has been discussed about 20 times already.

As far as calculators, etc., that's really not what a forum is for.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

New forum discussions will go here.

Showing 1-10 of 11