ForumsNews and Feedback[dup] please stop posting forum ideas (was: Forum Ideas)

3 4406
darver
darver
189 posts
Nomad

I think the new forum needs:

An edit post button.
No more 30 second wait before posting again.
Easier to use italic and bold controls (Like, say, putting a word in-between 2 *s makes it bold, rather than pressing a bold button.)

• 3 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

An edit post button.

That's been discussed before. It all depends on what kind of Forum engine AG uses in AGv3.
No more 30 second wait before posting again.

I highly doubt that they would take the 30 second wait limit out. It was implemented to reduce spamming.
Easier to use italic and bold controls (Like, say, putting a word in-between 2 *s makes it bold, rather than pressing a bold button.)

That's like the textile thing that Kongregate uses. *would bold* and _would italicize_

Read cormyn's post in here about the BB Codes.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

As far as editing and stuff goes, I agree, but they have to find a format for the forum that would let them do it. The 30 second thing should remain as to reduce spamming, and I think BB code is pretty much the easiest you can get.

It would be cool to have different colors of text though. To Elaborate, forumers should be able to pick a color, so if I wanted to post this text in red, i can. They can still have that particular shade of blue for mods and admins only, but different color text would be pretty cool

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We won't allow users to post in color. It helps differentiate users from mods/admins. And there's no easy way to control which shade of blue someone's going to post in that will look too similar to that of a moderator, so we're just going to avoid that altogether.

As for the other suggestions, GoM got it. I've also seen /slashes/ used to italicize text. Again, since we don't know which forum engine we're using, we aren't going to elaborate on features that could or couldn't be implemented.

Showing 1-3 of 3