ForumsSupport ForumA Unique Idea (Don't Yell At Me If It Has Already Been Suggested)

28 5190
XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Okay, this is a short, sweet idea. I was reading posts found under the topic "awards?". Well, how about this, if someone contributes to the site in a significant way then you should have little indications under their name in the forums and in their profile.

Example: Have little badges that each mean different contributions such as an "ArmorGames MVP" ribbon.

Let me know what you think.

• 28 Replies
armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

nt bad u get badgesfor being respectful and helping others.

Youassassin
Youassassin
296 posts
Baron

i do like this idea so i agree and bump

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Great idea! Armor Achievements sound good?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Then maybe they could come up with even more awards. Needs some names, though.

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

yeah that would be a nice idea!

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

We would just have to be careful about what the incentives are. They definitely should *not* be anything about number of posts or anything... and they should be based on something concrete, and not opinion. It might be too hard to base it on something concrete, like number of -blah- but if it is just someone that is noticed finding spam a lot, others may think there is favoritism, etc.

I don't like to be a naysayer, but I like to think of how something could be exploited/seen as a bad thing before jumping on a bandwagon. I think it is a good idea though, if implemented correctly.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i think any idea is made better by first shooting holes in it and seeing if it can still float.

that being said, concrete is tough because then it becomes like the APs. reach a goal, get a badge.

and i agree that spam hunters is a bad idea. i already find on the board that for every 1 spam post there are 3 people calling it spam. lets just think about that for a second.

but yeah, I don't know. i just like the idea of badges because i'd want to be given "AG's Abusive Uncle" badge.

XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

We would just have to be careful about what the incentives are. They definitely should *not* be anything about number of posts or anything... and they should be based on something concrete, and not opinion. It might be too hard to base it on something concrete, like number of -blah- but if it is just someone that is noticed finding spam a lot, others may think there is favoritism, etc.

Well, I see your point about favoritism but if you think about it, why would there be any favoritism? Anyone that feels that people are being picked due to the fact that the chooser of awards likes them better is obviously immature and needs to grow up a bit.
XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Oh Wait! I just thought of something else! (Sorry for double post by the way) But how about this instead of a mod or admin. choosing who gets the badges, we should add feature that allows you to get points for helpful posts like Merits or maybe something added to the site at that time. (Armor Points won't be accepted)

And then, you can take those points and have your own, custom ribbon/medal/badge/trophy/shiny thing with a name that you come up with.

Sorry if this post is confusing, I sometimes start to rant. If you need me to explain this better and in a shorter way just post on here that you do.

hierensi
hierensi
40 posts
Nomad

i like the second idea because the first one sounded suspicously like kongregate.com

XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Kongregate.com? What is that website about?

hierensi
hierensi
40 posts
Nomad

uh just check it out and its all G rated there (unlike some websites)

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

Sounds really good. Like donated to Armor Games, 1000+ AG points, 2000+ AG points, Etc. and other badges, like game developer, AG staff, Mod,forum mod, etc.

I really like this idea and I hope it becomes a real thing that goes into motion

Nice idea again XxPens87xX keep the good ideas coming

~Snowman1474

Showing 16-28 of 28