The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Tavern[april fools 2011] Moderator to Admin Hack

24 5702
caffeine101
caffeine101
87 posts
Nomad

Ian obviously got into the system late last night. Turns out he was more clever than we'd anticipated, and has some code in the system that upgrades all moderators to administrator access level. I've tried reseting their accounts to moderator, even plain user level, but they pop back to admin level status within minutes of the change.

After countless hours of deciphering the obfuscated codebase. we have found the hack, removed it. and we will be deploying it very soon.

Thanks, James

• 24 Replies
ManiacalMind
ManiacalMind
176 posts
Nomad

why would he do that?

Do what? Make all moderators admins?

This is on April 1st (April fools day) could this be a joke?

Based on the seriousness portrayed, I don't think it's a joke, if it was it would be a rather cruel thing to do.
SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

cormyn (Ian) was my favorite admin, even though he made a few decisions I didn't like. He was the guy I always went to for help because he replied quickly.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

cormyn is not the admin of the admin.

DanielMcNeely is in charge of everyone.
John is head of game development.
lroot is head of web development.

cormyn's not even one of the Big Three.

Beerkeg92
Beerkeg92
1 posts
Shepherd

Well AG lost like 90% of its population that has more than 1 braincell.
Because of this I wouldn't recommend AG to anyone...

Cheers!

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I know that, but...

Who do I contact now for help, Carlie's (previous favorite) disabled comments on her profile.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Okay so hes not the Admin of Admin (i worded that wrong), i highly doubt that he got fired for shooting Airsoft pellets at Johns computer, I always held cormyn in very high regard, but having this happen, it is just kinda upsetting and depressing, it is almost unbelievable. Thanks alot cormyn! >

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Did you even read the thread? He didn't get fired for just shooting airsoft pellets at John's computer. There was a who slew of actions that led to their decision to let cormyn go.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

The only reason he did that is because he was pissed off at the moderators. He did have a point.

Showing 16-23 of 24