The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumHelp: Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas

8 6646
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to be making and editing a film this summer with about 10 of my friends. I have windows movie maker but I'm thinking of buying Sony Vegas for the editing. Does anybody know the difference, I'm assuming someone does :P. Which is better for special effects/audio/visual/etc. Also, if there is already a thread about this, I'm sorry. I'm never in this forum. I appreciate the help . If you need anymore information, please ask

• 8 Replies
Oplosthee
Oplosthee
25 posts
Nomad

I haven't used Sony Vegas very much, but its way better then windows movie maker in my opinion.
I would suggest looking on YouTube for things you can do with Sony Vegas and with Windows Movie Maker.
If i have more details for you ill post them here

Oplosthee
Oplosthee
25 posts
Nomad

Sony Vegas is better for effects and stuff like that, like fantasy4life said.
But Windows Movie maker is fine for normal editting.
What do you want to do?

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Just saying, Sonny Vegas is do much more complicated.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

well, i think ill stay with windows mostly due to cost. I guess ill just go to youtube for effects on movie maker, thanks for the help

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Avidemux is better than the closed source cut and paste program that Microsoft is giving out.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

well, actually, one of my friends helping with the movie just got sony vegas so were gonna use his !

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Sony Vegas is not free, if you don't know where to get it from. Just use Windows Movie Maker.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

I know, his parents got it for his birthday so him and i are going to edit the movie at his house when the filming is done.

Showing 1-8 of 8