ForumsNews and FeedbackReputation System Suggestion

344 96376
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Feel free to discuss ideas about the Reputation system, known to some users as the "karma system", although "reputation" is what we'll be calling it on AG3.

The Reputation System may not be present at AG3 launch, but is a high priority post-launch. It will allow other users to participate in ranking your community involvement, to a degree.

We're still open to ideas on it, so feel free to share your thoughts and ideas, and ask any questions.

• 344 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

master565, I think those were examples of what we might do back in last 2010? But since then, we've said that your AG2 points/rank will transfer to achievements, and that any points we transfer, if any, will be related to game things like creating gameshares (which we've tracked since last August) or rating games, etc.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

master565, you forgot to quote the sentence before the achievement/point setup I'd writte, which said:

something like the following: (subject to change)

I've added more notes to the point migration thread, and also opened it for discussion. Further point-related ideas/thoughts need to go into that thread.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Either i missed that, or i figured since you didn't post any update to it that it was still true. Either way ,sorry.

lego6673
lego6673
1 posts
Nomad

I like the idea of a reccord system... maybe we could have contests?

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

change karma for sure
our points weve had for AG2 should ATLEAST be reconized.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

[quote=acmed]our points weve had for AG2 should ATLEAST be reconized.[/quote]
acmed, please go read the 'oints' link and comment there for point-related concerns.

I like the idea of a reccord system... maybe we could have contests?

Uh, I have no idea what a 'reccord system' is, or why contests would be involved.
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Maybe they mean a "Hall of Fame"? People do contests to see who's the best Exit Path (just an example) player?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah I like the hall of fame idea. Since we track the high scores in the database, it'd be easy enough to do on the game page.

But we're getting off topic. Feel free to start a new thread to discuss leaderboards.

bubbarush
bubbarush
12 posts
Peasant

what do you mean AG3? there are different armor games... i am a little confused..

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I already said the first part. The second part is obvious. However, the third part is the useful one.

Got ninja'd.
what do you mean AG3?

Reading around the forums before posting always helps. AG3 is going to be the updated version of the site. The current site is AG2. There are several stickies in this sub-forum that talk about AG3.
Phyco
Phyco
41 posts
Nomad

Work on like percentage.
start at 50%.
if you go around posting random stuff your prcent goes down by say 1 percente per random post.
A good post gets you say 1 perente up.
bad language is down by 25%.
reaching 0% locks you up and you cant make posts till u are unlocked by an adminastrator or moderator.
reaching 100% means that moderator takes a look at u and can turn you into a mini moderator
Having a high percent gives you many bonuses.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

mini moderator

What would a "mini moderator" do?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It's been discussed before. And they aren't going to have 'mini moderators'. If you can trust them with some moderator powers, then why can't you trust them with full power? What has been discussed and is under consideration though is that when you reach a certain level of reputation you might be able to lock your thread if you wish to do so.

Phyco
Phyco
41 posts
Nomad

What would a "mini moderator" do?

A mini moderator would have some moderator powers.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

A mini moderator would have some moderator powers.

GhostOfMatrix already answered this question and said no to mini moderators.
Showing 61-75 of 344