The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumWhat do I do?

23 9646
Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

I want to make a game based off the one I made a while back, before I joined AG (the PC I made it with is in some PC grave yard, lol). Do I get Visual Basic and type out every little word and symbol, buy the highly expensive Flash Builder 4 from Adobe, or get a free, low-tech flash builder from some random website?

• 23 Replies
Theheyjude
Theheyjude
114 posts
Nomad

I guess it just depends on how much you can, and are willing to spend.

that is if i understood the question correctly

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Well if you want to be able to submit it to AG, you'll have to go with either buying Flash, downloading FlashDevelop, or some other flash authoring tool.

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

OK, thanks guys. What about Visual Basic? A lot of people have made games by just typing out symbols and words, etc. Is that a good idea? Since Visual Basic is a free download.

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Well if you're looking for something in general to create games, you could do it with VB I suppose, haven't really looked into it. You won't be able to submit them here though

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

em, how about C++? It does flash games, I think...

erricki
erricki
15 posts
Nomad

Actually , i have the book for Celtic Crusader and all the codes on a cd, so what i am trying to do is to put all the codes together to run the game. i have everything i need, but i don't have time to read all the codes, just read a half. Can someone help me .. ?

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

I got the book, too. I'm trying to make Celtic Crusader into a multiplayer game, lol.

erricki
erricki
15 posts
Nomad

So , you made it first single player game , i am interested in that only . Just tell me how you put all the codes together .thanks a lot ..

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

em, how about C++? It does flash games, I think...

There are compilers that take python,java ect.. and compiles swf files but I've never heard of anyone actually using them to any extent.

into a multiplayer game, lol.

You have to have a server, a server side integration of the game and experience.
erricki
erricki
15 posts
Nomad

Can someone help me from here ? I really need to know how i can put all the codes together to run the game .. and no more time . I know that my question might sound stupid because all of you are professionals, but can someone give a hand to a very beginner ? thanks .

erricki
erricki
15 posts
Nomad

fine, don't help .

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

umm I'm not sure of what are you asking for... But if you're new at coding flash games you should read a book (better) or a free online tutorial like the one at www.gamedev.michaeljameswilliams.com .

erricki
erricki
15 posts
Nomad

buddy , i just need to know how to put all the codes together , imagine that you have a few pieces and you need to put them together . the thing is that I have all the codes i need , but they came in sections, right now, if there is someone who know little bit of VISUAL BASIC and can help me ... thanks for your reply

erricki
erricki
15 posts
Nomad

thanks a lot, guys, you helped me a lot :P, so much that i passed to another project , leaving the game for "more experienced" people like you .. don't worry , you don't have to reply and explain some codes to a very beginner , don't worry .

erricki
erricki
15 posts
Nomad

the games in this website save it , because the people here are..... he he ... better to keep quiet ..

Showing 1-15 of 23