The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do for your country?

21 3963
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Most young people these days are considered far less patriotic than they should be. But does the country deserve it?
Sometimes things like patriotism come from simple things like respect for your community.

How patriotic do you consider yourself?> Does your couuntry deserve it? And how far would you go to protect and/or serve your country?

• 21 Replies
Ovidius
Ovidius
27 posts
Nomad

I don't care for any particular country. Not the one I was born in, not the one I've been spending the second half of my life in, not one.
Patriotism is one of the many problems this world has, since it goes hand in hand with selishness. All I care about is the world in it's whole.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

I'd do a lot for my country if it needed it, I consider myself very patriotic. If my country required my service, i would offer it. However, if i didnt agree with what my country was doing, i would not support it

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

For the country I was born in.Not a lot because I didn't live there for long.The country I live in now not a lot for the same reason.

Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

How patriotic do you consider yourself?> Does your couuntry deserve it? And how far would you go to protect and/or serve your country?

Patriotism is not good in itself, so the idea that we are "not" patriotic enough is fallacious.

However, I do like what the US is compared to the rest of the world; however, the government is not ideal.
hidefromthesun12
hidefromthesun12
2 posts
Nomad

I would change the education system of Ireland to become more fair.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

If you mean patriotically, i think i would if needed, fight and defend my country. You don't have to physically defend your country from harm (like in war or stuff like that). You can defend by not allowing laws that can harm your country to be passed or to go by unchallenged.

Showing 16-21 of 21