ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 483294
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

She says that he gave up on love, and that she's helping him rediscover it...? She's an only child, so I have a feeling that the guy is going along with it so she won't feel bad.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Since you know your friend doesn't see him in that way, but you're not entirely sure about the guy, I suggest you talk to him before you talk to her. Just so you can be completely certain about both of them.

jets99
jets99
601 posts
Nomad

awesome it got stickied! good thanks for clearing up all that **** in the tavern! yayyyyyyyy

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Moon,
I think you should face your fears and talk to them about it. If it scares you to hell, leave them alone. It will help.

These are two of my very best friends. I can't really do that. I have talked to them about it, but they aren't the ones that take blatant information well. But subtle messages aren't doing the job.

I have a plan.

I'm going to hook up the flirtatious one with another guy, and see how it works.

awesome it got stickied! good thanks for clearing up all that **** in the tavern! yayyyyyyyy

I will quote myself. Cause I'm cool like that.

but unless you are coming here to ask for help or offer some, go away.

kthxsbai.

Now Tacky,

Put two and two together.
She is helping him rediscover love. By going out to lunch with her.
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

She is helping him rediscover love. By going out to lunch with her.

He doesn't like her. She doesn't like him. I don't think there are any sparks flying there.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Ohhhkay, you can trust her while she says she doesn't like him.
But I'm pretty positive she does.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Ohhhkay, you can trust her while she says she doesn't like him.
But I'm pretty positive she does.

She's a horrible liar. And something tells me it makes her feel self important to help someone with such an emotional...problem....
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I don't think there are any sparks flying there.

Probably not, but just to make sure, I suggest you talk to the guy before you jump to conclusions.

And something tells me it makes her feel self important to help someone with such an emotional...problem....

It may make her feel important, but it makes her look like she doesn't even know what love is. Love can't be forced, especially when neither of the two people involved in it aren't feeling it at all.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

My friend likes this girl who gets in trouble for talking in class. But she is dating another guy and they are sure to break up soon. But by the time the girl is free, she will be back up and dating by the next day! He only has one day!

Tell him to get to be friends with this girl. Don't flirt, just be friends. Then when they break up, make your move. That is how I got my current GF.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

She's a horrible liar.

She may be a better liar than you think. Although she may tell you she's doing this for the boy, and she may even believe this herself, she is most likely doing it for her benefit more than his. She'd probably be able to tell if he didn't find her interesting, so unless she got something out of this, why else would she bother trying with this bloke?

But she is dating another guy and they are sure to break up soon. But by the time the girl is free, she will be back up and dating by the next day! He only has one day!

He doesn't have one day. He has as many days as it takes for the girl to break up with her boyfriend. He can use that time to build a relationship with the girl. Not necessarily a romantic one just yet, but a friendly one that lets her know he exists.

If you're absolutely sure that the girl and the boy are going to break up, your friend can even hint to the girl that he wants her as more than a friend. He shouldn't rush into it, but he should slyly hint at it just to see how she responds and if she even wants him as well.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

He will only know if he finds out. That's obvious. Which means your friend will have to talk to this girl behind the other bloke's back in order to keep it a secret from him. He may also want to avoid being seen by anybody, just in case someone has the nerve to snitch on him.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Does that work out in any way?

It could definitely work to his advantage. He could subtly ask the girl if she plays any instruments. No matter what her answer may be, she will probably ask him back, and that's when he can tell her that he is a decent musician. If he's lucky, she'll ask him to play a song or two for her. Then it's all downhill from there.
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

My friend likes a girl that I hate. One time I had a dream about pushing her off a cliff. What do I do? He is one of my best friends, and she just got off a relationship.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

My friend likes a girl that I hate. One time I had a dream about pushing her off a cliff. What do I do? He is one of my best friends, and she just got off a relationship.

Give the guy some room, just bear with her. Then get some psychiatric help.
StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

Just go with it. If he likes her, and she likes him, then you should be glad that your best friend is happy. Btw, if she is around him when you are she will probably be nicer, to be appealing to your friend.
Showing 16-30 of 2106