ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 483956
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

She's in South Carolina, I'm in Denmark

Short hop across the pond, that is all.
took me forever to get back home since a delay made me miss my connecting flight

Man, that is the worst. Happened when I went to England once. Had to take a red eye and I don't sleep on planes. I was pretty zombie like when I got there.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Damm. Poor Danielo is in love...

caiteyd13
caiteyd13
40 posts
Nomad

no offense but you guys have no clue when it comes to relationships.....

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Its Armor games caiteyd. You need to be happy that we even dare to put such a topic in here.

caiteyd13
caiteyd13
40 posts
Nomad

I don't need to be anything.....

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

As usual, a statement starting with "no offense" is likely to cause it... :P

No but really, that's a lot of generalizing. A lot of users are fairly clueless teens, sure, but not all of 'em. So hey, why not contribute your own wisdom instead of insulting?

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Well, i need help.

There is this girl i quite have a crush on.

And now the problme.

Stalker me, i used my brother FB (I dont have one), and her profil picture is woth another girl. No big deal right? Now the other girl pixture is a diffrumtw one - woth my crush too.
They both in a group for LGTB rights, but other then that nothing is mentioning if they are more then just good friends.

As a very pro-LGTB myself (which i am not), im not sure if its say anything or they just support there cause like i do.

What do you think?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Ask her out, see what happens.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Just politely ask if she's in a relationship and take it from there. Assuming you guys actually talk on a friendly basis already. Blankly asking her out is also an option, but may take more courage and result in more of a let-down.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

What Zoph said. Assuming you are already friends it would not be too weird to ask if she is dating someone. If you are not friends then you should probably work on becoming friends. So my question is, are you friends?

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Well we were, not very close but yes. But since i joined the army i almost dont see her.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Well we were, not very close but yes. But since i joined the army i almost dont see her.

Well if you haven't talked to her in that time then start talking to her again before asking. If you have been talking to her then just ask her.
I just saw a few friends for the first time in 5 years and it is amazing to see how little they had changed. They looked different but they were obviously the same people. It was just like old times.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Dunno, my turn (also keeping this thread from dying).

During my travels in the US, let's say I met someone and leave it at that. That was a couple of years ago. The thing is that now she's some 8500 kilometers from here. We've been in contact, but still...

One of my friends told me that everything happens because of a reason. But she's naive ._. I dunno, I'm just waiting to see if something happens.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

8500 km away? Nothing has happened for several years? And you're the one calling people naive?

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Why thank you for understanding me, kind sir. I'll take your advice.

Showing 1951-1965 of 2106