ForumsPopular MediaHorror Movies Vs. Comedy Movies

32 12065
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

To vote for your favorite movie genre follow these simple instructions:

Genre
Movie example with a plot sum-up (No ending giveaways!)

I'll keep track of votes!

• 32 Replies
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Some horror films turn out to be comedies. They try to hard to be scary and it ends up funny.

My personal vote goes to comedy films. They're the most realistic out of any genre outside of documentaries, in the sense that there's barely any drama, and when there is, it's for comic relief.

jets99
jets99
601 posts
Nomad

commodies are way better then horrers I get scared really easily

londonsmasher
londonsmasher
11 posts
Nomad

I like comedy movies are better then Horror[i]

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

6 of 1 there all the same to me, but I do watch more horror than comedy.

leegrace
leegrace
38 posts
Nomad

I like comedy movies coz i am calm and cool and afraid of horror movies.

iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

Comedy Movies. They make you laugh. Laughing burns calories, release endorphins and makes you feel good. Who doesn't like to feel good. I love watching a comedy and cracking up with friends and family.

Anti_Hero1317
Anti_Hero1317
31 posts
Nomad

I prefer Horror movies but as of late Comedy Movies are getting my attention more often. With a scary movie, if something stupid happens you get pissed at the end because you weren't scared. However with a Comedy you will always find at least ONE joke that makes you laugh, even if its a stupid joke and only gets a chuckle out of you.

barney003
barney003
55 posts
Nomad

I prefer Horror movies but as of late Comedy Movies are getting my attention more often. With a scary movie, if something stupid happens you get pissed at the end because you weren't scared. However with a Comedy you will always find at least ONE joke that makes you laugh, even if its a stupid joke and only gets a chuckle out of you.

There's one more think which you guys have not analyzed, most of the movies coming these days are mostly comedy movies, and are actually liked by all, because they are good. Lets give you an example, in the upcoming months this year , there are around 100+ comedy movies coming up . Doesn't it took you by surprise. Only few horror movies are there. There are some really good actors who are in these movies. I am looking forward to Watch One day online, which is the upcoming comedy/romance flick of Anna Hathaway. There is also a movie named Submarine , which is also coming up.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Honestly, I prefer comedy movies. They're just obviously more entertaining. What would you rather watch? The Hangover Part 2, or another lame Friday the 13th or Insidious?

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Honestly, I prefer comedy movies. They're just obviously more entertaining. What would you rather watch? The Hangover Part 2, or another lame Friday the 13th or Insidious?

Congratulations to your forum posts #1111 d_dude!

I agree. I don't like the feeling to be scared. To laugh is the greatest thing you can do!
deniel123
deniel123
3 posts
Nomad

I like comedy movies more as compare to horror movies, because they scared me..!

ANDY59UK
ANDY59UK
54 posts
Nomad

I like comedies, but it was always going to be Horror movies. ;-)

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i go with horror dont get me wrong i like alot of comedys and horror comedys like shaun of the dead arent bad either but sense i was a kid i loved horror movies i liked seeing being get killed by people in masks or some kind of monster eating them it has always entertained me

machinesway
machinesway
101 posts
Nomad

Isn't it the case that quite alot of horror films end up being more comedic in the end the anywhere near being a horror.

Squiddicus
Squiddicus
266 posts
Peasant

I've had bad experiences with horror.

When I was six, I think, my mother bought the A Nightmare On Elm Street video game. That night, I dreamt that Freddy Kruger was comming OUT OF THAT TV!
He still sneaks into a couple every now and then

Comedies are better. The only thing that will haunt your dreams are the pitiful jokes after watching it 100 times.

I'm not kidding about the dream!

Showing 1-15 of 32