ForumsNews and Feedback[already implemented] Personal Messages idea

4 2716
ChronosSolar
ChronosSolar
17 posts
Nomad

I have an idea for personal messages.

Suppose you can send pms to other players? To discuss something in private, or say something while maintaining anonymity, etc.

I think pms would be a great idea, although Runescape has a pm system, it has a drawback- the person you're pming has to add you as a friend, and you have to add them too.

So why not add a pm system without the adding friends requirement?

• 4 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

A private-messaging feature is already implemented into AG3. The only way to send a private-message to someone that isn't your friend is if the person has the privacy setting to everyone.
If they have it at a private setting, then you'll have to send them a friend request.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I apologize for double posting, but I read the opening-post more carefully.

say something while maintaining anonymity

Do you mean like sending someone a message and the person doesn't know who you are? Like how on formspring if you are logged in you can choose to ask questions anonymously.

If so, then I think it would be a bad idea. You'd have people flaming and spamming other users' inbox's with messages.

If that's not what you mean, then you're talking about being able to communicate privately with a user instead of having it out in the open. If that's it, then it's already being implemented as said in my above post.
psnz
psnz
130 posts
Peasant

I'm pleased to hear that there's a PM system on AG3.

Another community I belong to has PMs, and they're really good for personal communication, though of course the other party knows who you are. I agree with Matrix about anonymous messages, and I wouldn't like to see them.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

say something while maintaining anonymity, etc.

without the adding friends requirement?

Nope, won't happen. Anonymous messages won't be a part of the system, ever. Too much possibility of abuse, even if moderators could have access to the messages if you flag it as abuse.

As for the friend requirement, as GoM has said, your privacy settings will let you decide who can send you a message.
Showing 1-4 of 4