The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumHave you heard of?

12 6226
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

this?

It's not programming help, but behold, html5!

• 12 Replies
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

My friend made a game, with html and javascript

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

The game you provided in the link was actually very fun!

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

It laggs like hell. Nice looking game, based on what I saw for the first 30 seconds :P

What's your browser? HTML5 is a very new language, and is not supported by some browsers. (Or, it lags in some cases
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Sorry for b2b posting, but four bunny's in a row (well, in a page atleast.) That must be a new record

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

yeah I heard about the possibility of making games in HTML5. I'd say good, but having to make a web page for it is quite a big limitation for now. you have to wait for some gaming portal to add HTLM5 embedding I guess.
(btw, I add a bunny to the count )

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I love how 4 people have a bunny armatar on this page and this (surprisingly) works on my IPad (badly)

TikTokToo1
TikTokToo1
95 posts
Nomad

Whoa, I can actually play this on an iPad!! Nice!!
The game was fun, the main problem is that the controls would lag. It's a pretty cool game; it reminded me of Metroid.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

These are great but there is two problems with it. One, its not integrated into the page in the same way as a flash game. Two, everyone can easily see your code. Also, is this more processor intensive than flash?

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Two, everyone can easily see your code.

It's not like you can hide it in flash either. People can decompile your games word for word. I grant that it's a bit trickier than just looking at the source but still.

Also, is this more processor intensive than flash?

Last time I checked the benchmarks were that it was and it couldn't do a lot of things that flash can. I don't see how html5 will be taken seriously (for game making) but maybe in the future it could develop to something interesting.
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

So the game was coded in Html5? I thought html was only for developing web pages :O

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Html 5 is a different creature than what we used to have it's much more powerful and flexible. No need for external api's and most importantly the <canvas> element.

Showing 1-12 of 12