The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernLightning

20 3849
LiLRick
LiLRick
254 posts
Nomad

Share any close encounters and near death experiences with lightning. Ask each other questions about their stories.

I myself had some cool experiences. One was where my brother and I were standing and watcing lightning out his window. We were in his room downstairs becuse we weren't supposed to stand near the window. Because we live on a small slope, the window was no more than two inches off the ground. As we watched, lightning struck just outside the window. The window of course shattered and we were temporarily blinded. Luckily, no glass got in our eyes, but flash was the brightest thing I've ever seen. It was also the loudest thing I've ever heard. We ended up getting knocked off our feet and my brother hit his head on the corner of is dresser. Fortunately, he was fine.

• 20 Replies
LiLRick
LiLRick
254 posts
Nomad

I don't understand the validity of the idea of ball lightning. If someone could clarify, that would be great.

Riskae
Riskae
34 posts
Nomad

Lightning is an arc of electricity between the ground and the sky a.k.a static electricity.

Adrokila
Adrokila
139 posts
Nomad

There was a storm one night near my place, and I saw a lightning bolt hit the ground about 5 kilometres away. Pretty scary stuff.

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

The closest time I've been to lightning is when it struck a tree, like 20 ft from my house it was very cool to see. Although I would hate to see someone get hit by it.

Another time I was close to lightning is when I was on a boat in a lake near a vaction house of mine and my dad and I were driving and we docked right in time because right when we docked a lightning bolt came down and hit the center of the lake. Very cool, but also very "shocking!"

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

om going to repost the link

Showing 16-20 of 20