The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernYour title.

17 3881
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

The Deck of Games started from a creative young man's mind, with no intention of it actually gaining popularity. This has inspired me to try and conduct a small study of sorts.

People like having titles. What people recognize each other by. Notable behavior, good or bad. Just answer two simple question, then state how you would react to a situation.
The situation isn't very clearly related to your own title, but it help clarify things.

Question One. What do people know you for?
Question Two. What do you want people to notice you for?

Situation One. You beat your best friend in an election. You were running as a joke, and they actually wanted the position. You can give up the position, but if you keep it, you will be given $500.
What would you do?

Please, do not joke around when you answer this, answer it honestly. Thank you and have a nice day.

• 17 Replies
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Well, here it goes

1) People know me as a smart, humorous, athletic guy as well as a great leader within or outside of sports.

2) I want people to notice that I don't throw my life away- you can be smart and have a great time like me. Who wouldn't want to play sports, but at the same time have a bright future? I will admit that I would not enjoy my life at ALL if I were a "nerd". I have to have a good time!

Situation 1:
Since it is my best friend, I would give up my position if he would be the next in line. If he weren't the next in line, I would argue his capabilities to the audience and demand him to be elected.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

1) Only dictating things real-life peers have said to me (not my family), Interesting, Smart, Quiet, Good Smile

2)Anything not dubious.

Situation 1:
Give position to friend when ensured to receive the $500 from him. If he is just in it for the money, keep position. If he doesn't give, wouldn't be my friend in the first place.

they actually wanted the position.

HE IS LEGION?!??!
nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

Im going to put what my friends call me, other than my family(those two are horribly different. lol).

1. People know as: Smart, Freak, GuitarFreak, Good humor, Crazy, Athletic.

2. I want people to be noticed for my guitar talent, not being stupid and waste my life. Thats basically it.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Nemo12, you missed what you would do in the situation.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

well here it goes:

1. smart, anoing (I am not though people in my class are ignorant and immature) and thats pretty much it for people in school but outside of school I am known as: smart, mature, fun, exciting, interesting guy

2.fun and smart

situation 1. I would tell my friend "Sorry about your luck but I won so I aint stepping down!" and no I am not mean I just like money. And if it was like class president or something he could be vice.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

1) My activity in the forums.
2) My general kindness.

Sit. 1) I would step down.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

1) For being #3 and for having a pretty high post count.
2) For something besides those two things.

For the situation, I'd stay and keep the $500. Not because I want the money, but because I was elected fairly, and the people would rather have me as their ruler than my friend.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What do people know you for?

With my Internet life or my outside life?

Outside life - People know me for being polite, kind, athletic, funny, intelligent, lazy at times, honest, arrogant, stubborn.

Internet life - I don't really know, being active in the forums, being helpful, constructive, arrogant, stubborn, honest. Meh, I don't pay that much attention to what people think of me on the Internet.
What do you want people to notice you for?

I don't know. They can make up their minds for that.
Situation One. You beat your best friend in an election. You were running as a joke, and they actually wanted the position. You can give up the position, but if you keep it, you will be given $500.
What would you do?

I'd keep the position because the people want me instead of him.
nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

Nemo12, you missed what you would do in situation.

Sry, I blame my lack of attention.

Sit 1: I would definitely step down because my friend rightfully deserves the position while I just joke around and pretend.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

1. Well if people dont know me well they think me smart and quiet. Once they get to know me they find me rather brash and funny.
2. Id like to be respected by both friends and enemies.
Situation 1: Well I won so I would keep the position and if my friend was a real friend he would accept it. If not I need to choose friends better.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

What do people know you for?

I'm not known for anything. Well I guess I could say my honesty...

What do you want people to notice you for?

I don't really want to be notice for now. But at a certain point I want to be noticed as someone that changed some people's mind.

For the situation:

I would keep the position, but give the 500$ to my friend. Plus, if he has any ideas or if he wants me to do something, with my power, I would do it.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Well, here goes nothing:

Q1: On the Internet/AG: Not really known for anything around here, really. I guess we're gonna have to wait on that.
In real life: Known for being smart, short, and having a good sense of humor.

Q2: Well, I don't really know what I'd like to be known for, because I don't like to stand out too much.

Situation: Since he was running seriously, and he really wanted it, I'd give it to him. Mostly because friends are more important than money to me.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Question 1: I'm supposed to be known as that "guy that knows everything", a moniker I am not partial to. Publicly, I range from aloof and eccentric to outgoing and hilarious. It's strange. I'm most warm in the company of people I trust, which creates a harsh image more often than not.

That totally doesn't apply online though.

Question 2: I want to known for who I am. I can't say for my achievements, but I want to be remembered for doing good.

Situation: Of course I would step down. To be completely honest, $500 isn't a good price to pay for friendship.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Oh wow. I was meaning to reply to this hours ago. Whoops.

One: Being soft-spoken, a pedant, and an *** to people I don't like. For tutoring anyone who asks me to, carrying a knife in my boot, and generally caring about others more than myself. Oh, and the beard. Mainly the beard.

Two: I don't want people to notice me.

Situation: I wouldn't have run in the first place, even if it was only a joke. This doesn't answer the question, though, so.. Hmm.. Honestly, it depends on what I was just elected. If I knew I could do a better job, I would keep it, give my friend the money, and try to explain why- hopefully, they might not know it was a joke; but otherwise, I'd just let them have it.

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Question 1: People know me for my sense of humor and athletic ability.

Question 2: I like people to notice me for my sense of humor.

If it was one of my friends, I would give up the election. Money that is not necessary is not as important as friendships.

Showing 1-15 of 17