The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernGeneral Prom Discussion

11 1899
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

With prom coming up, i thought it would be cool to have a discussion thread for it.

feel free to talk about your plans for prom and past prom experiences. maybe even what your proms theme is this year.

me personally, i got a very pretty date :'. i think im going to take her to this fancy pancy itallian place too.

total money dropped:
150-new shoes
100-tickets
14-corsage
(estimated)60-dinner
120-new coat for my tux

• 11 Replies
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Mine happened two weeks ago. But it was only for Juniors so I didnt go.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I went to Anti-Prom 8D
It was for the chil'ren that couldn't go to prom ( ie suspended in this year too many times, bad grades, etc) , and there were more kids there than actual prom. xD

I spent NOOOOOTHING. Yay.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

not gonna lie.... totally read the title as a general _____ (something else) discussion >___> .....

I ended up going stag for both years... had fun, but in hindsight I wish I'd asked someone... but in my defense, the girls I liked and all my closest female friends were already spoken for at the time. so for all those who find themselves in a position similar to what I was in.... go ahead and ask someone out... even if you're iffy on it. unless you ruin the night, you'll thank me for it.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

not gonna lie.... totally read the title as a general _____ (something else) discussion >___> .....

lol I thought that too but I was disappointed.
Something else to add is I didn't go when I was a junior either. Apparently I didn't miss much with the food poisoning that went around.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I had an 8th grade prom and it was pretty crazy. Can't wait for highschool prom.

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

Ive always wondered what a Prom would be like. In my country, the only PROM is when you are leaving high school. Its a really big celebration too. I cant wait.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I'm going to the Junior Prom with a friend. She didn't have a date, so she asked me. XD
In terms of spending, I'd like to think that I wasn't too extravagant.
Tickets- ~30
Dress- 90
Shoes- Nothing; I'm reusing the ones I wore for the Semi.
Hair- Nothing; I'll brush it.
Makeup- Nothing
I'm hoping the Prom will be better than the Semi-Formal...it was terrible.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I'm not going to have mine for another 3-4 years, but there is a movie called Prom coming out. Someone should take their prom date to that!

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

lol that movie looks really stupid, but i do somehow relate to it 0_o so ill go see it

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

My friend spent over $1 000 on prom. Hair, make up, dress, shoes, nails, fee, and I forgot the last thing.

I'm glad I'm a guy, though.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Total Prom money spent - $0

I WAS going to go (mine's May 13), but the girl I asked has another commitment and that made me kind of depressed. I can't ask anyone else because I'm kinda shy/awkward. It's only Junior Prom though, hopefully Senior Prom will be different.

Showing 1-11 of 11