The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWorst dentist screw-ups

6 1956
LiLRick
LiLRick
254 posts
Nomad

What is the worst screw-up that happened to you, someone you know, or you've heard about.

• 6 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Lol @ Calivin. Explains alot.

The pits in my teeth were too deep, so they had to fill them in.
That is as bad as it gets for me.

But my sister, She had a backwards tooth, and they were supposed to take it out, but they took out the wrong one, so they took out 2 of her teeth

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/00cool%20story%20bro.jpg

My favourite story from a dentist friend of mine is that a friend of his was injecting local into a patient's jaw when the patient sneezed. The needle ended up going through his mouth and back out the bottom of the jaw. The dentist asked the patient whether he was alright, but he hadn't felt a thing, so the dentist decided not to inform the patient of the unintended hole.

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

my uncle got a screw in his mouth only to realize the screw wasnt on straight and that the glue thye used wasnt very good

Divisible
Divisible
104 posts
Nomad

I haven't really had to go to the dentist that often, so I haven't really experienced any screw ups but I know somebody who had to get braces because one of their teeth was crooked about two years later when they got the braces off, their teeth were much more crooked and I had seen the before and after pictures and the after pictures looked a lot worse. It's not really a screw up, but yeah.

LiLRick
LiLRick
254 posts
Nomad

I just got back from the dentist. He had to fill a filling that he did years ago. The last time I went, I told him it hurt. He just said that the filling was too thin and did nothing. So I told him it hurt again and he said it was a bubble under the filling that had a cavity because the filling wasn't done right. Even the needle for numbing me up hurt worse than usual. Then, when trying to shoot me up for the 3rd time, he missed the back corner f mouth and stabbed me just below my bottom front tooth. So he uses three different sized drills. The biggest one was huge and made my mouth smoke so bad it would stop until he used the water spray thingy. The whole time I'm trying to keep from coughing so he wouldn't drill my head off. Oh yeah, when I told him my tooth hurt in the beggining, instead of using the hook, he hit it repeatedly with back of the tiny mirror. So back to where I was, While putting the filling in, he verbally said he screwed up multiple times. After that, he just whipped out the drill and started drilling the tooth above this one. Of course it was already filled. I asked him what he was doing and he said I had some decaying tooth. Never filled it. He just drilled for 2 sec's and said he was done. Now, I want to kill this man because I can't breath, talk, burp, yawn, eat, drink, anything that involves movement of the jaw. The worst part of is, he was yelling and insulting his interns as they helped him. All three of them kept messing up the whole time. That B@$+@RD got filling on my other teeth on accident! I HATE HIM!!!!!

ramzaman
ramzaman
231 posts
Farmer

uhh..they cut out the wrong tooth from my mouth..and then like a week later realized it and i had to go get another tooth cut out..and i hate the dentist so..

Showing 1-6 of 6