The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernKeyboard cleaner. . .

8 1813
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Does anyone know a way to clean out all the dirt from in between the keys of my computer? I've heard about compressed air cans but I don't know if they work/are worth buying. IF you know any ways post them here XD..Thanks

• 8 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The compressed air cans are good to clean your keyboard and if you have a fan on your computer. An air can doesn't cost much either.

I usually clean the surface of my keys with a cotton cloth. If I want to clean the dirt from under the keys then I'll take the keys off, clean then reattach them.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

The compressed air works better than anything.

RaijaRadiance
RaijaRadiance
72 posts
Nomad

I usually take out all the keys, clean everything and put it back together. Use either cloth or paper tissues; most cleaning solutions should be fine for the job.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

yea taking all the keys off is the best solution, but the one that takes the most time too.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Yeah compressed air cans or removing the keys (depending on the type of keyboard). You could try duct taping a straw to the end of a vacuum cleaner and using the straw/vacuum cleaner combo to get in between the keys. You could also try a swiffer or swiffer duster, but the it's magnetic attraction aspects might mess something up.

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

Actually, I just take a positively charged piece of cloth(previously rubbed on some cellulose acetate) and swipe it across the keyboard. It works for me, I dont know bout you.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Canned air + Swiffer = Success

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

You can buy little keyboard dusters... I use one on my laptop and it does a decent hob, although laptop keys aren't as deep as external keyboards.

Showing 1-8 of 8