The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumKaitol

5 4527
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Just thought I would recommend a really great blog for game design and development. It's made by a professional in the business, who made over $45,000 from his games in 2009. who has got some games on AG... But he never says who he is.

http://kaitol.com/

It covers some interesting points:

How to self sponsor
How to polish games
How to get maximum income from games
How to hire an artist
Ad Company Reviews
How to turn a good game into a great game
What are the top portals ( to get the max amount of plays )

And even a game grading scale, a really cool tool where you can compare what grade your game gets( A+ being very good for a professional ). My latest game got a D in the game grading scale, but I'm happy with that.

• 5 Replies
PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Looks like a pretty decent blog, thanks for sharing!

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I really liked his grading scale and when I'm nearing the finish of my game I'm probably going to use this.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

I really liked his grading scale and when I'm nearing the finish of my game I'm probably going to use this.

Yeah, it's a great way to set goals for yourself. I want my next game to get at least a C- on the game grading scale.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

The blog isn't bad but most of it is common sense or what I perceive to be. The sponsor category has less information than the resources category which is confusing. Also he could of gotten into greater detail with in info, since it's pretty important. Some of the other info is useful, but I noticed that he hasn't updated in a long time and I think that he stopped tending to his blog. So it was a useful read but not a blog that is worth bookmarking since no updates and only a few entries.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

I think it's a useful blog to read when you think you've finished a game and you're ready to publish it,

Showing 1-5 of 5