ForumsWEPRwhat kind of Christian

14 3931
ike354
ike354
53 posts
Nomad

i am a Christian i hatw abortion i hate all sins but i dont hate say gayness i dont judge gays or anything what about you fellow Chrsitans

• 14 Replies
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

There are an awful lot of posts around here about Christianity. Here is a link to one of them, where this topic may be continued:

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Yet another christian who uses the word hate.

You really don't get your own religion, do you.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Oh, and if you're a christian and the above post offends thee,

forgive me.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I am The Armenian Christianity well actually every one is the Armenian version . Because the Armenians were the first Christians in the world in 301 B.c By St. Gregory

strifexv
strifexv
54 posts
Farmer

Your statement is equivalent to saying FIRST on a blog. It doesn't matter who was first since we have the same beliefs and values-for the most part.

TenaciousC
TenaciousC
40 posts
Nomad

i have thought a lot about this topic. i am a protestant Christian and i believe this:

as far as homosexuality i know that all Christians view it as a sin. but also a lot of them have no problem with people who are gay. thats what bothers me. i do have a small amount of hate towards gays but instead of attacking them or just being tolerant. i think that Christians should try to change them and bring them to Christ.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

I really doubt the Armenians were the first Christians. People started referring to themselves as Christians around 100AD. There were no Christians in 301 B.C. because the Christian mythology hadn't started yet.

TenaciousC
TenaciousC
40 posts
Nomad

dude kane, Christianity isn't a myth. it happened, its a fact; a piece of existing history.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

TenaciousC, there are two ways to take your post; I'll respond to both.

If you meant that "Dude, Christianity happened, there are Christians today, what do you think that dude with the funny hat in Rome is?", well, yes, Christianity as a historical and current movement exists. I was referring to Christian mythology in the same way we refer to the Greek mythology (Zeus, Hera, etc) or the Norse mythology (Odin, Thor, etc), as a series of beliefs people had, or have.

If you meant "Dude, there really was a guy who could walk on water and a father figure who hangs out in the clouds", well, I meant mythology. I'm an atheist, so I think all religions are works of fantasy; I do understand that other people believe otherwise, but to claim all the Judeo-Christian beliefs as fact is baseless. No offense intended.

Grimlok
Grimlok
154 posts
Nomad

Alright, first of all, how could there be Christians in 301 B.C.? Jesus, if he ever existed at all, didn't exist then. And how are you going to change gays? Granted, some of them choose it, but there are some that's thought to be genetic. I've heard theories of pharamone disorders and things of that nature. It wouldn't be right to change them. People should be whoever they want to be, no matter how f***ed up they are. This is where Christians get their bad reputations. Everyone always asks "Why do people hate Christians so much?" Well it's usually because most Christians are hateful and intolerant. Look at the crusades or the Spanish Inquisition. Even the Salem witch burnings.

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

Im non-Denominational which means I dont have a denomination like baptist or lutheran, and it also means i believe in everything in the bible. and to kane, what makes you so SURE about your posts?

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

I'm non-Denominational too. But I'm going to a Baptist church 'casue they don't have any n-D churches here.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

@redbedhead: What makes you so sure your faith is correct? I've examined many religions, and found them all wanting. The only rational choice is to not believe in any god, because there's no evidence for any god.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Not to tag-team or anything but...how does one believe in everything in the Bible?

Showing 1-14 of 14