Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

what kind of Christian

Posted May 7, '08 at 8:12pm

ike354

ike354

56 posts

i am a Christian i hatw abortion i hate all sins but i dont hate say gayness i dont judge gays or anything what about you fellow Chrsitans

Posted May 7, '08 at 10:05pm

DragonMistress

DragonMistress

1,141 posts

Knight

There are an awful lot of posts around here about Christianity. Here is a link to one of them, where this topic may be continued:

Posted May 8, '08 at 9:36am

DecadentDragon

DecadentDragon

257 posts

Yet another christian who uses the word hate.

You really don't get your own religion, do you.

Posted May 8, '08 at 9:37am

DecadentDragon

DecadentDragon

257 posts

Oh, and if you're a christian and the above post offends thee,

forgive me.

Posted May 8, '08 at 6:59pm

Danstanta

Danstanta

1,786 posts

I am The Armenian Christianity well actually every one is the Armenian version . Because the Armenians were the first Christians in the world in 301 B.c By St. Gregory

Posted May 8, '08 at 7:03pm

strifexv

strifexv

58 posts

Your statement is equivalent to saying FIRST on a blog. It doesn't matter who was first since we have the same beliefs and values-for the most part.

Posted May 8, '08 at 9:47pm

TenaciousC

TenaciousC

41 posts

i have thought a lot about this topic. i am a protestant Christian and i believe this:

as far as homosexuality i know that all Christians view it as a sin. but also a lot of them have no problem with people who are gay. thats what bothers me. i do have a small amount of hate towards gays but instead of attacking them or just being tolerant. i think that Christians should try to change them and bring them to Christ.

Posted May 8, '08 at 10:20pm

kanethebrain

kanethebrain

244 posts

I really doubt the Armenians were the first Christians. People started referring to themselves as Christians around 100AD. There were no Christians in 301 B.C. because the Christian mythology hadn't started yet.

Posted May 9, '08 at 12:09am

TenaciousC

TenaciousC

41 posts

dude kane, Christianity isn't a myth. it happened, its a fact; a piece of existing history.

Posted May 9, '08 at 12:56am

kanethebrain

kanethebrain

244 posts

TenaciousC, there are two ways to take your post; I'll respond to both.

If you meant that "Dude, Christianity happened, there are Christians today, what do you think that dude with the funny hat in Rome is?", well, yes, Christianity as a historical and current movement exists. I was referring to Christian mythology in the same way we refer to the Greek mythology (Zeus, Hera, etc) or the Norse mythology (Odin, Thor, etc), as a series of beliefs people had, or have.

If you meant "Dude, there really was a guy who could walk on water and a father figure who hangs out in the clouds", well, I meant mythology. I'm an atheist, so I think all religions are works of fantasy; I do understand that other people believe otherwise, but to claim all the Judeo-Christian beliefs as fact is baseless. No offense intended.

Reply to what kind of Christian

You must be logged in to post a reply!