The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Tavernsword or bow an arrow

20 6813
trueblood777
trueblood777
2 posts
Nomad

i would us the bow an arrow

• 20 Replies
sambam
sambam
452 posts
Nomad

Sure a bow and arrow has range but who says you can't throw your sword?

SWORD ALL THE WAY

ninjaassasin1234
ninjaassasin1234
133 posts
Nomad

I pick sword cause i like close range weapons because i like how the other persons blood get all over you when you slaughter them...

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Personally, I think I'd prefer bows in most cases. I've just always liked them. I've also always been a fan of daggers and knives, or maybe short swords, though I think I'll pick bow.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I like both of them, but since I just knocked an arrow out of the air with a sword.......
SWORD

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I like bows im a fan of archery and ranged atks...Swords pshh too medieval...(I know bows are probably even more but bows ftw)

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Swords FTW. Bows take too long to reload. If you miss sword-man, sword-man runs up to you and decapitates you.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Depends on where you use it... I took archery lessons for a while, so if you meant at like a range or something, then I'd have to say bow and arrow.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I dislike OPs that don't elaborate past the user's choice/opinion......

I'd pick the bow and arrow, because not only can you kill people with it but you can also feed yourself through hunting.

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

Sure a bow and arrow has range but who says you can't throw your sword?

SWORD ALL THE WAY

Im with this guy. Throw your sword then pick it up.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Sword. perferably the katana. you need a lot of practice with a bow and arrow to fight. But most people can take up a sword and start swinging.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Dair, never diminish the honor of the katana! It takes every bit of skill and training as a bow does!

I have personally trained with both sword and bow and I can say in all honesty that they require concentration and skill. Yes, anybody can pick up either and flail around with them, but not use them effectively in any sense of the word. They are tools used in the perfection of an artform. Any fool can smear paint on a canvas, yet he is not hailed as a Maestro de Arte, why should it be any different in the martial arts?

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Big Battle Axe that get's the job done... oh is that not an option D:. Well it depends where your fighting, if it was an open field I would pick bow and arrow, if it was a woodland area then I would choose this sword because you can use the trees as protection. I don't care if I died, I die with an awesome sword in my hands. I would choose this sword:[url=http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/ihearttoast09/Anime/CoolSword.jpg]

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

bow and arrow,
great for rang attacks and if someone gets close enough you could just stab them with the arrow.

swords are great, if its one on one, close combat. multiple enemies and from afare would be really hard to do with a sword.

benman113
benman113
329 posts
Peasant

A short sword like the one's Spartans used munch more maneuverable At a close range then most swords and it's one handed so I can take a shield along for the ride too.

RaijaRadiance
RaijaRadiance
72 posts
Nomad

I nearly always end up using mainly bows in video games. There is something strangely satisfying about planning and executing that perfect stealthy takedown.

However, I'm terrible with both in real life.

Showing 1-15 of 20