The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernEmulator

15 2179
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I'm trying to download this one emulator on my PC (called Dolphin) and I was having a little trouble figuring out how to set it up. Basically, this allows you to play Wii games on your PC (at first I wanted one for xbox games, but when I found this instead I figured I'd try this first). If you have any hints, so far I extracted all the files and am downloading the newest version of DirectX.

• 15 Replies
MEGAMANXPERT
MEGAMANXPERT
1,085 posts
Nomad

lawl,i got pcsx2 to work,and this is illegal,mods,lock or delete this!

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

What's pcsx2 and what do you mean "illegal"?

MEGAMANXPERT
MEGAMANXPERT
1,085 posts
Nomad

lol,emualtion is illegal to discuss on all non-emulation sites.
Pcsx2 is a working ps2 emulator.
It is also illegal.
Nuff said,lock this.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

lol,emualtion is illegal to discuss on all non-emulation sites.

Why?
Pcsx2 is a working ps2 emulator.
It is also illegal.

Maybe that is, but this isn't.
MEGAMANXPERT
MEGAMANXPERT
1,085 posts
Nomad

lawl,i dont really know why,but it just is.
Dont blame me for the system,this will get locked anyway.
Unless some mod or admin doesnt lock it just for the fun of it 0_0.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Yeah, well I'm just kind of hoping this all works out because DirectX has been updating for HOURS...

MEGAMANXPERT
MEGAMANXPERT
1,085 posts
Nomad

good luck then,don't blame me if this gets locked anyway.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

n64 emulator is the easiest.

It's illegal because it's like you're downloading the console for free and any games for free. Even n64s are still going 30$ or more.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

It's not illegal to discuss, it's just that it's against the rules of almost every website evar.

Anyway . . . GBA, n64, PS1, SNES, and such all mesh well with emulators. Not that I would know, because I totally don't have any of those emulators because it's illegal and we all know how anti-pirating I am. And stuff.

RaijaRadiance
RaijaRadiance
72 posts
Nomad

I don't know if this applies to all platforms and all emulators - but last time I checked, using an emulator wasn't considered illegal by itself. What makes the difference is how you obtain the copy of the game you intend to emulate.

PCSX2 supported direct reading of disc originals last time when I tried it, so there should be no issues with piracy if you decide to use such method.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

It's not illegal if you own whatever games you're playing and the console for them.

...but then what's the point?

RaijaRadiance
RaijaRadiance
72 posts
Nomad

Support for higher resolutions, video filters, screenshots and custom controllers and overall ease of use are some of the pros I can think of.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

It's not illegal if you use the original game media to play the game. Even if you own a game, downloading a rom of it is still illegal. RaijaRadiance is right about the pros of emulators and their inherent legality.

I used ePSXe and it also supports reading from discs. Practically, the FBI won't be knocking on your door because you downloaded a few roms.

@MEGAMANXPERT

Don't be a moron.

@Joe96

If you really want help for emulators, AG's Tavern is not the place. I believe Xbox emulation isn't progressing that great.

MEGAMANXPERT
MEGAMANXPERT
1,085 posts
Nomad

idiot,I'm jest telling him that this topic will get locked because of emulation.i emulate all the way to PS2 (yes,including ePSXe),and I don't see any poleez at my door ^_^

Also,let me clarify.
Actually general discussion of emulation is not illegal,only MODERN emulation is.
Namely,anything after the PSX\\N64

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

lawl,i got pcsx2 to work,and this is illegal,mods,lock or delete this!

Report, don't spam.
Nuff said,lock this.

No, really.
Unless some mod or admin doesnt lock it just for the fun of it 0_0.

Hmm.
idiot

Now that that has been dealt with, and after I have casually looked the issue of emulators up, I am more comfortable with this being locked (better safe than sorry, and better a locked thread than someone at Nintendo randomly suing AG).
This is mainly because this could turn towards the issue of downloading games for the emulator, which I believe would be illegal.

Anyway, considering the topic of setting up the emulator (as emulators in themselves are not illegal)
I was having a little trouble figuring out how to set it up

please do help the OP on his profile, if you have anything proper to help with.
Showing 1-15 of 15