The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernImages: relevant or Non relevant

34 4042
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Me and Patrick have been having a slight argument on the relevence of images throughout a topic, and whether or not it is right to post these images if the image only is relevant to only a portion of that users post. I'll post are discussion so far below.

-----------------------------------

Me: Well,you quoted a division by zero.

Him: Get to the point rather than criticize me for allegedly dividing by zero!

Me: Image Spam is the best, especially in this section.

Him: You are completely wrong. Image spam is bad.

Anyway, you get a 1/10 for continuing to post image spam.

In case of ninja, this is at Krizaz.

Me: I'm gonna ask a mod (never did) if an image is appropriate when relevant to the topic, which all images have been. Even the cowboy one.

Him: The answer to the first part of your post is probably yes as long as you don't spam them. As for the images posted, it is up to the moderators to determine an image's relevance, not you or me. I simply called them spam because I think that they're irrelevant.

Me: But how is it irrelevant if I can back up why I posted the image with a quote or stating myself why I posted it. If my logic is correct, than your statement is invalid and you are contradicting yourself.

Him: Your argument is futile because it ultimately comes down to the mods/admins. In fact, I flagged each image from you other than the ninja because I thought that it was irrelevant and therefore spammy.

Me: But you fail to realize that each image had it's reason to be up there. I was not posting an image for the sake of posting an image (hint: I was), and even if I did it was all relevant. I'm creating a topic for this so we can get some posting count credit.
-----------------------------------------

So you see, were at a bit of a spilt point. And we need your input to tell us what is right, and to see what the problem is refer to the topic 'how much respect do you have for this user' and look for pages 367-370.
------------------------------------------

Obviously, I think that I can post an image as long as it is a bit relevant and you pout your reason for posting that image, as I did. Although Patrick disagrees, and I cannot tell if he thinks it is wrong to post an image at all or if you should have more text to post an image.

Your input is welcome.

• 34 Replies
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

You are looking straight at my general topic of seriousness and not thinking of WHY U am talking about seriousness. I am talking about seriousness because you said seriousness is not bad, and the Internet is not serious business. The rules of this site are not completely inflexible, there are exceptions. Funny images,as long s not in large numbers or complete off-topicness for more than a page, are generally allowed here.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Images can be relevant even if flagged.

I wasn't saying that a flag automatically made an image irrelevant. I was saying that a mod or admin could decide on relevance if the image was flagged.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Mods can also decide whetehr it is relevant without it being flagged.

http://www.stfu-noob.net/stfu-noob.jpg

Relavant. Why? Coz (Ah crap, gotta stop talking like that on AG) you need to stfu, n00b. You're annoying, going around in circles with your arguments and something else. I forget. Was probably something about you sounding like a kid.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-Stupid-Actors.jpg

Showing 31-34 of 34