The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernBionic, Terminator Eyeware

4 1614
valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

New, Bionic eyewear!

Boss headsets, full length movies on boss headsets, just simply amazing what humans can do.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/04/4-20-2001oled-mikrodisplay-mit-eyetracking-funktionpresse.jpg

• 4 Replies
nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

Ahhhh, the world is going to end. Bionic eyewear is going to take over over brains and kill us mentally.

In a more serious note, this is a very innovative idea. It has some bugs but it shall be fixed and this invention will turn out to something great. I hope you just dont have to hook it up to your brain. lol.

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

nice of you to bring this up since they are already making a bionic eye. It is an implantable microchip that helps those with degenerative vision loss see. basically the microchip has photo cells that will detect light just as a regular eye will except that it wont be perfect or good as an original healthy eye. should be coming out next year.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Let me guess the price of this thing is over $9000!

Umbra7
Umbra7
27 posts
Nomad

Let me guess the price of this thing is over $9000!

And less than 20 years later it will be almost standard...like Intarnets. Too bad I wont be alive when humans have full control over their bodies and life spans. Darn.
Showing 1-4 of 4