The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumI heard a rumor that ArmorGames does not accept AS2 games...

9 4923
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

So is it true? Does Armor Games really not accept games if they are made with Actionscript 2? That would suck for a few developers, but I'm starting to migrate to Actionscript 3 anyway.

• 9 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It doesn't say anything against it in the submit box or the help pages, but then again it doesn't say anything about game maker games either. If you really want to know, leave a message on a mod or admin's profile.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Arrgh, AS3 is way harder than As2

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Really? Where have you heard it from? It doesn't say anything in the submit and help pages, so probably it is just a rumor.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

I heard about it a few months ago, but I've never really thought about it until now. I might just contact Mr McNeely himself right now.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

He said they highly encourage games to be in AS3. So I guess that means AS2 is okay, but I bet the ArmorGames API only works in AS3.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Arrgh, AS3 is way harder than As2

I find it the opposite. Weird.

He said they highly encourage games to be in AS3.

You got in touch with him!!?!? Lucky!
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

You got in touch with him!!?!? Lucky!

The trick is, instead of contacting him on his AG Profile, you send him an email
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

I guess AG probably wants AS3, cause it's a little bit better, and it's more recent. I am thinking that they will only support AG3 in terms of API in the future.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

AS3 isn't actually very new either. Its about 5 years old i believe. Its extremely processor intensive compared to almost any other language. While its not a very long time, Adobe releasing a new language might make it run better and more modern. The only reason they might not is because according to Moor's law, computer processing power doubles every two years so in a 1-2 years we might be able to run AS3 like we do C++.

Showing 1-9 of 9