ForumsWEPRSenior Al Qaeda Leader Killed

4 2401
valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

Linky, linky, linky

A bombing lead by NATO killed a senior Al Qaeda leader and ended a four year manhunt. Do you think we are getting any closer to finishing our goals in the Middle East?

• 4 Replies
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I think we are because if we knock off all the top guns the little minions will be unorganized and then we can blow the crap out of them with this and some of this.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Well, sure, there's the saying that goes "Cut off the head of the snake, and the body will die" or something like that. Problem here is that they have many heads, and just like with the hydra, if you cut one off, another will take it's place. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm sure he will be replaced soon enough anyway. Maybe you've demoralized them, or maybe you've pissed them off, either way, I'm sure they'll keep fighting.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Also, it's not like they'll die off. Hate lives through generations, and the US's military policy isn't going to get rid of it. There's a long range transatlantic hate bubble from over there to here and it's pretty strong.

regenouis
regenouis
30 posts
Peasant

I've said it a few times in this forum I don't think any military can put an end to a terrorist organization. What I do, however, think can help bring their run to an end are these uprisings in the middle east and N. Africa. Simply because it's showing potential recruits to these terrorist cells that there is a better way to achieve change without having to resort to blowing yourself up.

Showing 1-4 of 4