ForumsNews and FeedbackName color!

16 4894
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

I just got an idea!

How about making the name and maybe the borderlines around the armatar in different colors? You would be able to unlock colors depending of your reputation. Of course there will be some exclusive colors for mods/admins. And of course you can disable it via your profile settings.

• 16 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

cool!! but... shouldn't you put this on getsat?

i like the idea.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

i did now and thanx

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

That's be pretty... awesome!

Hope it goes through.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You would be able to unlock colors depending of your reputation.

This is the part I don't quite understand completely. Different colors would require higher amounts of AP than others? If someone's favorite color is blue, and blue is at 100 AP and red is at 1000 AP, they have nothing to work for after they unlock their favorite color.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

This is the part I don't quite understand completely. Different colors would require higher amounts of AP than others? If someone's favorite color is blue, and blue is at 100 AP and red is at 1000 AP, they have nothing to work for after they unlock their favorite color.

It may turn out like how some users use the latest armatar they have unlocked even though they like an earlier one better.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Maybe you can unlock gradients but i don't think thats possible to make with web design.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

I don't really get the point. Just colors around the armatar? Not really something to work for.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

How about unlocking new frames? From a basic, crooked wooden frame, to fancy golden frames, or maybe a frame made of fire or lightning? This could work even if custom armatars are implemented. Maybe unlocking new fonts for the name too? Maybe for messages as well, though chances are that could make things a bit messy.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Nah... colour on the name?! If it was blue; many people should think it was a link. But if it's make AG more popular; it's great.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Maybe you can unlock gradients but i don't think thats possible to make with web design.

Yes, you can, but it's not supported in all browsers.

The problem with frames, borders, etc., is that we have to account for those extra pixels around your armatar in terms of layout. I think we're going to have plenty of armatars on the system that you don't need frames, etc., to accentuate anything extra.
iamlentil64
iamlentil64
88 posts
Nomad

Apparently in the new AG3 they might have customizable Armatars so I don't see the point in just changing the border colour.

deleteremove
deleteremove
20 posts
Peasant

Seems a little pointless but I guess if people wanted it it may not be such a bad idea, no harm in being able to customize your profile.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
461 posts
Nomad

I think this would be a great idea because I like different colors and that I think you shouldn't have the colors depending on your AP because it's just name colors :P.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Guys, we've already spoken on the text color... it's not going to happen. We need a way to differentiate users, moderators and admins.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

/sigh

apparently you guys don't believe me when I say it, so I've deleted lots of follow-up discussion and am locking this thread.

AG3 will NOT permit users to post in alternate colors per our posting rules. Period.

Showing 1-15 of 16