The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat should be in a modern tavern?

30 3475
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

What do you think a modern tavern should be like, but still holding the idea "tavern" in mind.

• 30 Replies
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

What constitutes above-average food?

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Food that you wouldn't just go to the tavern just for a meal to get full, but food that keeps customers coming back because of how good the food is and is not overly expensive. Like the food at some bars, they get lots of customers not just because of the alcohol, billiards, etc. but because the food is also extremely good. ( There was a bar-restaurant that had the best cajun food I had ever experienced.... )

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

I would probably be mostly concerned with the food and the atmosphere of the place.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

that wasn't the idea, but that is a good idea.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Inns are certified to accomodate guests. Before certification was required, the tavern was differentiated from bars and pubs by its accomodations.

I figure that's reasonable, though the definitions are confusing and differ from place to place.

are u guys siriosly having an argument about bars and inns?
what has ur life been reduced to?

Argue? Are you mad?

A "modern tavern" should have good food, good drink, good lodging and good fun. Basically.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Yes. Although, some modern day 'taverns' dont really uphold the name. They usually dont have a cool name either, like 'The Gasbag and the Gondola'

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

And modern inns are ussually just hotels.

Tun's Tavern is obviously the best tavern ever.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Pickpocket, if you're going to come in here and insult us, atleast try not to look like such an idiot. If you use proper grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation, people might actually care that you insulted them.

What is your life been reduced to that you would come into a forum just to spam and flame for your own ammusement?

who do think im amusing, u? im just saying my mind ok and then u get all up in my grill and thats not cool. and i don care that i have bad spelling and puctuation get a life!
and to stay on topic...................idk i don`t see many around
and fyi im not the IDIOT here! only lozzers care about grammer on a forum!
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Pickpocket, you came in here insulting us. Don't get mad when I return the favor.

Yeah, bars have basically superceded the other versions.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Here is a part of the Wikipedia explanation:

A tavern is a place of business where people gather to drink alcoholic beverages and, more than likely, also be served food. An inn is a tavern which has a license to put up guests.

Copy+Paste:all the way!!!!

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

And prior to the requirement of liscensure, a tavern had rooms to rent and inns didn't really exist.

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Beer, Pool, Television with sports channels, Rooms for rent, ******s.

Thats what makes a successful tavern!

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Indeed, you seem to have summed that up. what about ideas for future bars and such?

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

They have to float that will be awesome.

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

If we are talking about AG3, it should have categories, like Fun, Science, Politics, School,AG, Work.... something like that, so it can be easier to navigate through topics

he ment like a bar or a pub
Showing 16-30 of 30