The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Tavernall these side effects for meds

23 4045
roflcopter117
roflcopter117
94 posts
Nomad

jeez i have a little depression but if i got worse i wouldnt take it for the 100 pages of side effects and other drugs also have 100s of side effects i mean how is somthing helping you with depression when you have a chance to commit suicide

• 23 Replies
jroyster22
jroyster22
755 posts
Peasant

Stay away from pain medication! I have seen and heard too many tragic stories from it!

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

How does being a farm tech pay?

I haven't started yet. I get the certification and all back next week.

Stay away from pain medication! I have seen and heard too many tragic stories from it!

Our sheriff had won every election for all of my lifetime and longer. Couple years ago he got hurt on the job and got perscribed pain meds. He got addicted, went through rehab and hasn't been elected since.
Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

Our sheriff had won every election for all of my lifetime and longer. Couple years ago he got hurt on the job and got perscribed pain meds. He got addicted, went through rehab and hasn't been elected since.

wow it truly is crazy how you get addicted to these drugs without even seeking for it you know? when i got my foot surgery i took painkiller for first week after that i dealt with it (it hurt a bit but, i was able to pull through) because i didnt want to end up "addicted without even knowing it. of course im not saying dont take painkiller but, be cautious this was actually one of my point in my argument in the "Drugs:why not legalized" thread because people really arent responsible and realize the threats and harm they can cause themselves
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

They didn't give me pain meds when i broke both my arms at once >

Just kidding it didn't actually hurt much. Except when they set it.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I completely tore all the ligaments in my ankle except for a strip less than 1cm wide and all they gave me was super-Ibiprophen.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

When I was at the hospital they gave me a lot of morphine to... make me stand the pain I guess. I have to admit that I loved it... that slowly falling into oblivion but without falling asleep sensation was amazing.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I have to admit that I loved it... that slowly falling into oblivion but without falling asleep sensation was amazing

Which is why people become addicts. Drugs feeel good, even though you may never come back from that oblivion.....
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Fun fact: anti depressants work by having your brain release serotonin, the chemical your body uses to make you happy.

Fun fact: chocolate and turkey contain tryptophan which you body uses to produce serotonin which is the chemical your brain releases to make you happy

Fun fact: since happyness is caused by serotonin, which is made with tryptophan, I can safely say that it is undebatable that tryptophan is the source of happiness.

Showing 16-23 of 23